Model Cars Magazine Forum

I see you noticed the wheels.I remember back in the early 80's seeing guys paint the insides of the holes to match the truck. showing my age a little bit, but....soon to be showing the trailer for this truck. Its gonna be nice.......thanks Q

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thank you for the comments. just finished the tank trailer for it. will get pics. asap. working on the western star project now. tring to get things done, I believe I have gotten the truck show guys here to have model truck show also.

• 2 months later...

Oops! Hit the post button instead of preview. Enjoy.....Q

Just haaaaad to go and steal my idea!!!!!! LOL :lol: That really looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had thought about doing one like this but I was thinking of doing it with black on top and the orange down below. I like how you did the headlights as well! Very cool!!!!!!!

the lonestar is really a love hate relationship in the world of trucks. you either think its the coolest thing you have ever seen or its the ugliest thing on the road. never liked the stock headlights they just seem to be completely out of place. that's why I put the singles on. and with the colors, I kind of stayed with the original, just swapped them around. the 1970's to the mid 1980's is when the manufacturers really produced some of the best looking paint jobs hands down. that's what I was after with this truck...............thanks john

• 2 months later...