Model Cars Magazine Forum

Golden Prostar

Yes, Sir....Nothing like the Sun for a great set of pics....I really love the paint job....Still amazed at how good that tin foil and spray glue idea has worked out....Absolutely, gonna have to try that....Would have looked pretty good in white, but that aluminum look makes it look awesome.....

Edited by kilrathy10

thanks guys. I also want to thank everyone who gave me ideas and 'heads up' on things, i'll just make it a group thanks so I don't leave anyone out, but thanks to everyone for the help, and the comments. was a fun build :)

Tom, admittedly I am not a big fan of modern trucks, but this is an impressive and very clean build. I agree, the colour looks much better under daylight.

BTW for large areas with natural metal finish I tried as a substitute for Alclad and BMF inexpensive and easily to obtain thin household aluminum foil and Micro Metal Foil Adhesive. It is easy to use (water-based) and gives good results.

Tom, admittedly I am not a big fan of modern trucks, but this is an impressive and very clean build. I agree, the colour looks much better under daylight.

BTW for large areas with natural metal finish I tried as a substitute for Alclad and BMF inexpensive and easily to obtain thin household aluminum foil and Micro Metal Foil Adhesive. It is easy to use (water-based) and gives good results.

thank you, I think it is the 'cleanest' build I have done yet.

I did in fact use tin foil for the sides of the trailer, but used 3m spray adhesive. I was pleased with how that came out for a first try doing such a thing, and as usual learned a bit while trying it.

thanks guys :)

picked up a 2010 Camaro kit at HL on sale for 8 bucks, looks like it's going to be inca gold to match the rig, sort of a new generation 'smokey and the bandit' theme like you fellas were talking about, stay tuned for some new pic's......eventually, lol.......

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...