Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford F-350? 4x4 dually ,scratchbuilt Frink plow and liftframe,modified cab(was a car)converted to four wheel drive to represent a coleman or marmon herrington front driven axle,light weathering,scratchbuilt bed,and installed plow control in cab,as well as partsbox headache rack/lightbar,thanks for looking....Todd

031-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

026-1.jpg

Edited by superdog

Interesting subject. I like it. So you know, Ford didn't introduce the F-Series until 1948, and from 1948 - 1952 it was F-1, F-2, F-3...F-8. This looks like it could be late 1930s.

Hi Jim,glad you like the truck,you are right about the F series,I was just having a little fun doing a "phantom" f-350,kind of a "what if " type of thing,How are things up there,I'm from Syracuse? Is Worlock Paving and Stone quarry still open out on route 5? I used to haul alot of asphalt out of there,Thanks ....Todd

Well, it hasn't starting snowing yet, if that's what you mean. But it's right around the corner. B)

Do you mean the one on Quarry Rd. in Chittenango? That one has been closed for several years. Oot want's to reopen it to mine limestone for his housing projects, but the residents & village are fighting him.

Edited by Jim B

• 3 weeks later...

I like the "what if?" angle of this build. I think most of us that have ever lived near a snow belt would agree that this truck needs some ballast in the rear, chains on the tires and as Harry said, some mirrors to make it more realistic. I wouldn't dare take a truck out with those tires and no ballast!

I know from my days living in Northern Illinois that the plow truck drivers used their rear view mirrors to see how many angry homeowners were shaking their fists or shovels at them for plowing the end of the driveways full of snow!