Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 1959 Impala Emblems & Seat Insert decals?

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who provides or can make the factory "V" and crossed flags for a 1/18 '59 Impala hood? I want to repaint a die cast but I will not have the hood emblem as it is a decal on the model. Does anyone produce these in resin or??? Also, is there anyone who can enlarge and produce the seat insert decals from a Monogram 1/25 plastic kit to the right size that will fit the 1/18 die casts? The die cats are less than accurate in many ways but they are all that is available and I want to make a 1/18 replica of my 1:1 convertible. ANy help will be appreciated. B):blink:

if you can provide me the proper pictures i wouldnt mind trying to print you some decals

it is a simple but tedious job...basically what it consists of is printing the decals on regular paper untill you gt the perfect size

then you just print them on decal paper, clear coat and done B)

id imagine a 1/18 is even easyer because it would show more detail

i dont have any 1/18 cars myself so if you could provide me the properly scaled images and i just print them that would be awesome

let me know if your interested and well work out a trade :blink:

if you can provide me the proper pictures i wouldnt mind trying to print you some decals

it is a simple but tedious job...basically what it consists of is printing the decals on regular paper untill you gt the perfect size

then you just print them on decal paper, clear coat and done ;)

id imagine a 1/18 is even easyer because it would show more detail

i dont have any 1/18 cars myself so if you could provide me the properly scaled images and i just print them that would be awesome

let me know if your interested and well work out a trade :blink:

Thank you for responding. I'm not sure what I have to trade that you would want. What are you interested in taking in trade? Would the decals from the Monogram 1/25 plastic kit work for you? Would you be able to scan a hood emblem from a good photograph? I can give you accurate measurements for one if you can do so. I'd actually like to get several sets of decals if possible. Please let me know what interests you as far as trading goes..

if the 1/25 decals have all the prints on them that you need then they should work no problem

so if you can scan then and send them to me in a file ill try to resize and print them for you

(just make sure you measure the seats so i know how big to print them)

does that sheet not have the hood decal you want ?

if it does it would be so much easier then working with a photo

maybe you could find the hood emblem using google image search ?

if you can find one on a white background i should be able to work with it (im using clear decal paper so the white wont show, which reminds me, if you want white in the seats you have to paint it white before aplying the decal)

as for trades, i mostly build mopars so if you have anything in that catagory that you think is a fair trade let me know.

right now im looking for a twin turbo setup for a hemi, but i could also use a blower, a nice set of rims and tires or a few superbird wings :rolleyes: