Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth K100 with extra sleeper.

I am allready thinking for an new project and maybe something like this.

post-8937-0-52086500-1349703440_thumb.jp

post-8937-0-14657800-1349703536_thumb.jp

But my quostion is, is there an opening in the back of the cab or is this a separate sleeperbox?

And what's inside the cabin behind the seats? An wardrope or maybe an sofa?

Gr christiaan

I would say those you posted do not connect to the cab. If they did you would have to remove the beds in the truck sleeper to get in to it and you would have to disconnect it every time you needed to raise the cab. Those dromedary sleepers can be optioned all kinds of ways but I believe those shown are seperate from the cab.

Kinda working on one now(I think,not sure yet :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Well got it started does that count? ). Off hand I think the cab and sleeper-box or separate. I'm thinking leave cab as is. If it's cold and raining I for one would not walk 8 too10'. But a custom cab would be nice too.

I keep going back to this idea for me. (got it from the NET who did this don't know.)

I wont to shape the roof so it's has the same shape of cab. Seeing the corners of the sleeper stick out is a big focal point.

3dart1.jpg

Kinda working on one now(I think,not sure yet :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Well got it started does that count? ). Off hand I think the cab and sleeper-box or separate. I'm thinking leave cab as is. If it's cold and raining I for one would not walk 8 too10'. But a custom cab would be nice too.

I keep going back to this idea for me. (got it from the NET who did this don't know.)

I wont to shape the roof so it's has the same shape of cab. Seeing the corners of the sleeper stick out is a big focal point.

3dart1.jpg

I like those stripes!

Me too,For me the hard part will be the curves and points/tips of the stripes.

Obviously! If you are painting them, apply your masking tape, then draw your curves (with a compass or a circle template...) out on the making tape first. When you're happy with them, cut the tape stripe off from the cab, If you are worried about the needle at the other end of a compass, tape a flat scrap plastic piece over the surface then you can put the needle end on it without sratching the rest of the painted surfaces. My 2 cents.

That's one that I really want to build as well. I want to build mine like Clayton mentioned where the roof of the extra sleeper is shaped like the cab roof so the body lines continue all the way back. I alreay have two scrap Revell Aerodyne roofs that I was going to join together by cutting the fronts off each one and joining each back half together. Might have to use some extensions in between though as I'm thinking just the two roof halves would not end up being long enough. I had a really cool side shot of one exactly like this with the red and white BJ and the Bear paint job on it, saved on my desktop but lost it a few days ago in the computer crash. :(

Loved running across those kinds of rigs out on the road. Most I found were a Husband/Wife team (Empty Nester's) or just a husband with his wife riding along and in both cases sometimes the truck was their primary home!

Best one was a Pete 352 double bunk. The sleeper was the bedroom and the rest was their living quarters complete with stove, fridge, toilet and shower! They had sold their house used the cash and traded in his 2 year old Pete 359 to pay for the rig! B) The wife at the time had just got her learner's permit for truck! :)

Don't forget this beautiful beast:

5k2jgo.jpg

Somebody has done this one in scale... Turned out really nice!

xfu4ns.jpg

How in the world did they scratch build a front bumper so close to the real one and then mount it upside down on the model??????

That is quite the oversight on that bumper isn't it. A lot of detail there to miss that! I'd be sending out apologies or something with pictures of it corrected. But, oh well............still a dang cool truck. I don't think I will live long enough to obtain the skills to match it. Don't have that much left in me! :blink:

• 9 years later...