Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's already got GTA V?

Austin T

Very addicting yes . i pre ordered mine but had to pick up on Friday on way home from work. Also got the guide to help out .

haven't really done much but a few missions Franklin and Michael opened up . i bought the special edition with the small extras .

Michael

PS watch out in grand senora desert for an abandoned car a Bf surfer ! Bad things happen to your guy

Edited by hvymtl

I saw the coolest easter egg last night. It's referencing "No country for old men". It's near the base of mount chiliad. You pull up and there are a bunch of trucks in a circle riddled with bullet holes and a lot of dead guys, and one guy that's barely alive tells you that the case is down the hill, if you go down the hill there is a silver briefcase and a dying man next to it. He tells you what ever you do not to take the case. Well I took it and was chased down by two guys on bikes shooting at me. Once they "stopped" chasing me I realized that you get $25000 from the case.

Hey Michael did you get the map on blueprint paper that says "Trevor phillips enterprises". If you did black light it.

Edited by Austin T

I finally got some time back in with the game, and got Trevor into Los Santos so that all three characters are playable again. I find they managed to work the characters with enough back story and "feel" that I want to play each of them differently. It's a lot easier to go all buck-wild killing spree with Trevor, than say Franklin who was never really a serious trouble maker.

Gotta say I wish the Bounty Hunting missions you do with Trevor were a little more clear as to the location of the bail skipper. A sat photo doesn't do much when you're trying to compare it to the paper map that comes with the game.

Austin yes i got the map but i will have to find me a black light lmao . As for the Mt Chilliad event i wonder if you will keep

having guys always after you ? Not like it is anything unusual for this series

When i get back top the game time i will check it all out .

Michael

Gotta say I wish the Bounty Hunting missions you do with Trevor were a little more clear as to the location of the bail skipper. A sat photo doesn't do much when you're trying to compare it to the paper map that comes with the game.

I hear you. The first one wasn't too bad, but the others have been a pain to try to find them. I also ran into a an issue with the one on the top of Mt. Chilliad. Took several attempts to work my way up there (Kept getting killed by police or falling off cliffs :rolleyes: ), then when I finally got there, the suspect wasn't there! Second tile I went up, he was there, but bailed before I could nab him, ended up shooting him, lowering the payout.

Edited by Longbox55

Finished the story, chose option 3

FYI, if any of you have have unlocked the assassination missions , DO NOT COMPLETE THEM tell you finish the story, if you wait, it will be well worth it, you just have to listen to the dialog very closely , it has to do with the stock market

I didnt wait , and so I am going to start a new game and leave those for after the story

Finished the story, chose option 3

FYI, if any of you have have unlocked the assassination missions , DO NOT COMPLETE THEM tell you finish the story, if you wait, it will be well worth it, you just have to listen to the dialog very closely , it has to do with the stock market

I didnt wait , and so I am going to start a new game and leave those for after the story

You can replay the missions

You can replay the missions

True but replaying the missions just creates a "restore point" and you go back to the mission. The thing is the assassinations have a direct result on the company of the person you kill, and their competition. Eg killing the 4 cigarette jurors makes the stock if the competing company rise 300%. But you have to make those stock plays prior (or immediately after) the hit. Once the mission replay is over, the game "respawns" to where ever you were and the stock market will be in current "real" time rather than directly post-killing.

Anything involving Lester needs to be listened to for potential stock market investment strategy if you want to get onto that level of realism.

I have been able to get online for the PS3 a little bit as well. My PSN in ToBContinued08 if anyone wants to play together.

I really like this game. Def. better than GTA 4. Boredom is not an option in this game. So much today I often find myself side-tracked...