Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

I am Glad you guys got a laugh out of that one!  I was just sitting here at lunch yesterday saying to my self...Hey I have Photoshop....I can make this happen!  Wish I could have found a better chassis photo at the right angle though  that ones a little week.

Chris...cant wait to see the new photo's! 

Edited by Davewilly

Ok Fellas.... It's time for a quick update as promised. I finished up the Body Heat Shields for the body. I decided to make them out of Aluminum instead of Brass. and I cut them all out with my Razor saw and drilled the holes with my pin vice. Here are the pics....

Here are all of the parts that was used to make the parts. Used my Templates to transfer drill the holes and then cut the pieces out of the sheet:

Here is the Final pieces next to the templates all done:

Here is the Heat Shields mocked up on the body, Right side:

Now here is the left side:

John... Thanks Brother. Gotta make you proud. :D

Henry...Thanks

Brad... Thank you. Yeah I though it was better out of the aluminum as well. Plus I know on the real car it would of been made from aluminum. Also it seems that the K&S Sheet Aluminum is a little softer than the brass sheets to hand drill.

Tim.... Thank you my friend. I am really happy with the way they turned out and calling them done. They will now be waiting for some paint... lol onto the next thing on the list of like 90 items left to do... haha

Randy D..... its great to hear from you my brother. Thank you. I alway feel I take one step forward and about 5 backwards.... Lol. But I  pushing to get this done for the DSC... you maybe gonna make it out again? Have you been geting any build time in. Sure miss your awesome brass work.

Clayton...It would be cool to get it done. I am pushing myselt to get it finished.

John...  I know the time is ticking away. and if I could get past another issue I have been having on some parts I have beentrying to make it would make life easier then I could move onto the next part.

Dave... you are right April 9th isn't far away..... 80 days to be exact.... not that i am counting or anything.... lol :D... yep Johns riding me like a.... well  you know.... lol... guess tou.can say there is a litle pressure.... lol

Brad... I have a minor detail I hoping to finish up tonight after work and then I will have something to post so I can move onto the next item on my list.  this detail has kicked my butt the past couple of.nights and i finally had succeas last  night on 2 pieces. So stay tuned... B)

Brad..... I have one last little detail to do on this item and then i will have pics to post. Should have something later this afternoon. Thanks for being patient.

Tim...thank you very much. Sometimes some of those lite thing take a little more time than we expect. I will show the multiple failed attempts I did on this single part.