Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

A friend of mine that lives on my street recently bought an all original, almost perfect 69 long bed. He said it's a little more rare than most as it has a 360 with factory AC and power steering. I'm gonna go crawl all over it with my camera and get pics for super detailing these new kits!

A friend of mine that lives on my street recently bought an all original, almost perfect 69 long bed. He said it's a little more rare than most as it has a 360 with factory AC and power steering. I'm gonna go crawl all over it with my camera and get pics for super detailing these new kits!

Thanks for volunteering to do that, Ben.

Charlie Larkin

Excellent!

Best source on the net for detail on these trucks is fordification.com. Galleries, original brochures, tech stuff, it's all been done on there....

The project galleries have a lot of great stuff

mike

Edited by mk11

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder why it has been so long since we have heard any new info on these kits?

It was exactly one month ago that Steve Goldman posted pics from the Toledo NNL...: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64836&p=1023345

...and Dave Metzner posted about them, too, a few days later: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64836&p=1026651

It was exactly one month ago that Steve Goldman posted pics from the Toledo NNL...: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64836&p=1023345

...and Dave Metzner posted about them, too, a few days later: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64836&p=1026651

I actually meant a post showing progress on how the prototypes are coming along. I think Dave mentioned that a few things were being changed and he would have revised prototypes sent to him. I'm just excited to see those. I'm in no hurry as I too want these kits as accurate as possible. It's just nice to see how they are coming along.

• 1 month later...

I'm told that the first plastic test shots should be in the US sometime between Christmas and New Years. Generally speaking, once tooling mockups have been approved to tooling, and the steel gets cut/engraved, it can take at least a couple of rounds of test shots to get everything in a model kit to where it needs to be.

Art

I would rather they take more time and get the inaccuracies fixed and produce a kit that I will actually buy than push it on through and put out a kit that I would love to have, but won't buy. The older I get, the less willing I am to buy a new kit and spend a lot of time fixing inaccuracies that shouldn't be there in the first place. With today's technology, there's no excuses for inaccurate kits.

I would rather they take more time and get the inaccuracies fixed and produce a kit that I will actually buy than push it on through and put out a kit that I would love to have, but won't buy. The older I get, the less willing I am to buy a new kit and spend a lot of time fixing inaccuracies that shouldn't be there in the first place. With today's technology, there's no excuses for inaccurate kits.

Agreed!!

I'm told that the first plastic test shots should be in the US sometime between Christmas and New Years. Generally speaking, once tooling mockups have been approved to tooling, and the steel gets cut/engraved, it can take at least a couple of rounds of test shots to get everything in a model kit to where it needs to be.

Art

Art,

Do the licensors give their approval based on the tooling model or on the test shots and box-art mockup?

Thanks

Luc

• 2 weeks later...

I just learned, this afternoon, that I can expect the first round test shots of this anticipated series of kits by Saturday! Whoo-hoo, I can hardly wait (I'll forgo my diuretics for that long--don't want to pee my pants prematurely!)

Long bed, short stepside box, 2WD,. 4WD, small and large V8, and the I-block six--can't wait! These will be first round test shots--so evaluation is required--gotta help make these as excellent kits as you all expect them to be from Moebius Models!

Art