Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Master paints(ultra voilet to be exact)

B.Beachum

I just finished what looks to be a nice paint job on a TBolt ,used the MM Purple...1st time I've used this system ,I hate to keep messing with paint specialy if has a good gloss and very little trash, correct coverage,and just needs a light buff, question is, will this paint buff up and look good or do you need to clear it for the deep rich color,...thought this was a transparent type paint but i see alot of copper flake in it,....I would like to post some pics ,..i'll figure that out with time

Thanks, Happy New Year

Barry Beachum

Barry, my general rule of thumb is that any metallic paint should never be buffed out. Buffing/rubbing it out does something to the metallic flakes and can lend a mottled/spotty look to your finish.

I usually like to take a 3600/4000 grit sandpaper and very lightly rub out any dusties, and then clearcoat. Then, rub out the clearcoat. But I don't like to rub out metallics per se.

Hope this helps! :wink:

I'm happy with what i see so far ,..Thanks for the info, that's why i'm here

Hopefully you guys can make a better modeler out of me,..this is the first car that I scratchmade a tubb and back half for,...it is a LEARNING CURVE ,I never built this model before so thats another strike against me,

building the frame,I'm on my 2nd right now ,didn't make the 1st one where you could set up a shock on it ,and no real room for linkarms or brackets ,but hey I'm learning,...I keep looking at some of the work that people have done on there models and keep picking my chin up off the floor,...

Thanks again for the help

Barry B