Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your Engines - Post Dedicated to the Engine

TheCat

Hi Pat

Turbine is from the STP Lotus kit. It's original issue & had been in my parts box for forty years or so! Used a photo-etched grill from a Tamiya rally kit to replace the original clear plastic pieces. Worked well with the salt flat racer concept.

Brian 

Hi Pat

Turbine is from the STP Lotus kit. It's original issue & had been in my parts box for forty years or so! Used a photo-etched grill from a Tamiya rally kit to replace the original clear plastic pieces. Worked well with the salt flat racer concept.

Brian 

Thank you sir.

There are some incredible looking engines here .. MANY of them!

I thought I must have put up the Porsche 944 engine in my avatar but seems not. So here's my best to date and converted from a turbo to a normally aspirated that resided in my 1:1.

engine DSC 8515

87Porsche engine DSC 1332

Edited by Foxer

• 1 month later...

There are some incredible looking engines here .. MANY of them!

I thought I must have put up the Porsche 944 engine in my avatar but seems not. So here's my best to date and converted from a turbo to a normally aspirated that resided in my 1:1.

87Porsche_engine_DSC_1332.jpg

engineDSC_8515.jpg

VERY NICE!! Q: which kit is this?, im waiting to build mine until I get the Hasegawa version. the one I have now is the Testors, and its got a lot of warpage  that I don't feel like fixing.

VERY NICE!! Q: which kit is this?, im waiting to build mine until I get the Hasegawa version. the one I have now is the Testors, and its got a lot of warpage  that I don't feel like fixing.

This is the Testors 944Skit. It had the correct front for the '87 I had. Only the engine block and valve cover is left from the turbo after conversion to normally aspirated. This link is to my Under Glass post for it

The Hasegawa is the best 944 for sure.

Edited by Foxer

• 2 months later...