Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro is American again

Harry, reading between the lines it sounded like you were gloating a little bit about the production moving to the USA. Would you post the same article if the production was moving from New Jersey to Ohio? I don't think so.

Production moving from New Jersey to Ohio wouldn't be nearly as big of a story as production moving back to the US from Canada. The reason I posted in the first place is that I didn't even know that all Camaros are built in Canada. I had no idea that was the case, it was news to me, and I figured I'd pass along the info. No "reading between the lines" was necessary... although I find it odd that the people who did that and assumed that I was bashing Canada are all from Canada. Maybe you guys don't like the move, but how does me simply passing along a news item make me a Canada basher? Maybe you guys need to stop reading between the lines and just read the lines. :rolleyes:

Harry, reading between the lines it sounded like you were gloating a little bit about the production moving to the USA. Would you post the same article if the production was moving from New Jersey to Ohio? I don't think so.

Now had they been opening a new plant in a right to work state......................................................................... :rolleyes:

The Dodge Challenger is also Canadian built, They Chrysler Corp. weren't bailed out by Ontario, they are still being Going to be built in Ontario, this the part you guys do not seem to be understanding.

Edit: let me rephrase that.

From the Canadian side: The Canadian Broadcast Corporation.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/12/19/oshawa-general-motors-camaro-production-moving-michigan.html

Edited by Nick Winter

The Dodge Challenger is also Canadian built, They Chrysler Corp. weren't bailed out by Ontario, they are still being Going to be built in Ontario, this the part you guys do not seem to be understanding.

Edit: let me rephrase that.

From the Canadian side: The Canadian Broadcast Corporation.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/12/19/oshawa-general-motors-camaro-production-moving-michigan.html

I think you mean built by the Fiat Group :lol:

I think the reason why people might be missing that is we are talking about the Camaro :lol: