Model Cars Magazine Forum

I want to see your U.S.S Enterprises NCC-1701A

Seriously, I have built all the 1701's through the E, but left them when I moved. I scored the AMT "D" on Ebay a while back and it's waiting patiently.

I went to the Star Trek convention at the Rio last year and went crazy in the vendor area. It was amazing what they want for those vintage kits. They had some kits that were only available for a few months and some that didn't even make it to the U.S.!

Oh and babes in TOS uniforms, miniskirts, high boots, and plunging necklines. Come on 23rd Century!

I want the 1/350th "A" bad, real bad, but at over $100 now it will be hard for me to justify. That, and I want two, one to build OOB and one to convert to a Belknap Class strike cruiser.

I will get a couple of Polar Lights smaller 1701A's though. I want to scratch a Akyazi Class perimeter action ship.

Trekkie?

Yes please!

G

Polar Light's 1/1000 kit. I built this kit as the wrecked USS Constellation as well, if you want to see that, let me know.

I recall reading that the wrecked USS Constellation from "The Doomsday Machine" (one of my favs) was constructed from the AMT kit for time and cost saving. In the remastered edition it's now cgi and looks much better, but I think that looses some of the charm of show. Much like cgi Yoda compared to the muppet & Frank Oz in The Empire Strikes Back.

And yes I'm that geeky.....

Love the models!

Thanks eric. Yes, the AMT kit was used in the show, footage of that ship was also used in the episode, "The Ultimate Computer" to represent a wrecked ship. I have not seen the remastered "The Doomsday Machine", but have seen other remasterd episodes, tho I have seen stills from that remastered episode. I am not a fan of it.

Which kit are you using Chuck? Feel free to send it to me, and I will finish it! :P:lol:;)

It's the AMT kit with the shuttlecraft. The box art refers to Star Trek V, which IIRC was the first movie where the A was used (except for the last few seconds of IV). Yes, I know, some Trekkie I am, and I'm too lazy to Google it. :lol:

BTW, my least favorite Enterprise is NJJ-1701, from the last movie. A characture if you ask me. Hated the sets too, and hated the supposed romance between Spock and Uhura. Never should have been there. But I digress, lest we get into a argument. :P;)B)

I don't really have a least favorite Enterprise. Now, some of the other ships I don't really 'do it' for me, aesthetically. The Grissom from Wrath of Khan is one- it just looks weird to me. The Excelsior was the same way, but I liked it after a while. Come to think of it, same holds true for the Enterprise D (as a kid the defelctor dish reminded me of a belly button), but agian, I learned to like it over time. So I guess, at one time the D was the only one I didn't like, but that doesn't apply today.

Favorite? I'd have to go with the 1701, no letter after the number ... but with the ISS prefix instead of the NCC. ;)

LOL. ISS stood for Imperial Star Ship. The Polar Light's TOS kit has decals to do the ISS Enterprise.

That it does. The 18" AMT kit has them too, the decal sheet is basically a blown up version of the smaller PL kit sheet. Yes, I know the AMT kit isn't the greatest, but making it look good seems like a fun challenge to me. ;)

It can be done, I have built countless ones over the years. I have heard that they finally removed the grid lines from the saucer. Polar lights is doing a 1/350 kit of the TOS Enterprise this year. Man, I'd give my left one to get ahold of that baby!