Model Cars Magazine Forum

anyone seen this ? WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

ANDY'S

Ken:

That would be a more reasonable price but.....the ad says:

THIS IS THE PRICE AND WILL NOT ACCEPT BEST OFFER

$499.99EACH FLAT SHIPPING IS $24.99

I know what my wife would say......"Where's that phone book...... Lawyers................ Hmmm.....Lawyers-Divorce."

Mike

Not sure that it's worth that price though, I don't that its really that rare and who'd want to spend that much and then build it.

Monogram did a release double kit several years ago of both of the funny cars.

I'm sure those are going for a more reasonable price.

Bobthehobbyguy

• 2 weeks later...

Based upon his completed auction listings, either A. HE'S a LIAR or B. HE'S VIOLATING Ebay TERMS of SERVICE POLICY since absolutely none show as being sold. It does show that the lister did try to finance their new car off of fools who fell for this way over priced shelf setter.

So Andy, do you think the seller is a LIAR or a Violator of the eBAY contract?

I'm not saying it is.....I am saying he's doing a lot of promoting of this auction. If I were interested in them, I'd let them fall off the map and hope they're reissued as an auction or at a reasonable price.

I won't go further as that would cross a line that I don't wish to.

Mike

At the Heartland Nationals show two weekends ago that same exact kit sealed sold for $50. I highly doubt anyone will bite on it till the price drops to 100 or less. The collectors might start coming outat 150 but most collectors already have the Snake and Mongoose kits because they had very high first runs. As a builder Why buy that when you can get the double kit for so cheap?

Edited by ra7c7er

$499.00 + shipping !!! Dont get me wrong I love a good model kit,....... But personally I would NEVER buy a plastic model kit for that rediculous sum. And this is my own opinion so dont go jumpin out your underpants cause you are some sort of model expert. To me its a box of plastic parts waiting for some artist to come along and turn it into a piece of art, and thats when the true value of the sum of parts is found. I once purchased an original 64 impala factory sealed for 80 bucks( i talked him down from $200) from a guy at a show and as soon as he handed it to me I ripped it open to check the parts cause i planned to build it, when I looked up the guy behind the table had turned beet red and looked like he was about to have a heart attack! He cursed at me and I believe he called me a few names that would have gotta him beat up in my old stompin grounds. I say all that to say this , I bought a box of plastic for 80 bucks and built it and that model went on to be a show stopper in its day , one of the first lowriders to complete in shows and win, even getting a few magazine spreads. Had the plastic stayed in the box who would have been able to enjoy it?

this is that Original 80 buck purchase

Picture005-1.jpg

Low-rider looks nice Romell, I once bought a 1/16th scale model of Jeb Allen's Revell "Praying Mantis" R/E dragster (I bought this model when it first came out back in the 70's, but like all my kits from back then, it's unfortunately long gone), it cost me around $64.00 from Model Express, one day I'll put it together (hopefully better then the first time LOL!)

this is that Original 80 buck purchase

Picture005-1.jpg

Sick lowrider Rom! I gotta get a 6-4 one day and build it up, hmm trip to a hobby store soon methinks. I think my LHS has one but I'll need to read up on hydro mods coz i want the arse dragging and the front sitting high ;)