Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dencon Resin

Actually Steve, i don't think he's out of buisness, just kinda backed up. Give him some time to get his stuff together, and I'm sure you'll be able to order it directly from him. :)

Yep, like George said, he's just backed up on orders AFAIK. He seems to really care about his customers and is very honest (unlike a small percentage of casters out there, who will take your order and money, ship you the product 6 months later, or when they feel like getting around to it, ...or even at all! I won't mention any names here).

I can vouch for his Camaro conversion kits though. When the first ones came out, I ordered the 74-77 conversion kit and an extra "high spoiler" from him. He actually emailed me to tell me he was a bit backed up, but I did get my parts and they fit & look great! Now, I just have to finish the darn thing! :lol:

Edited by Wayne Buck

depending on how extensive your catalog is, it could be very expensive to maintain an inventory. Replicas and Miniatures for instance has over 450 products in their line-up and never knows what will be ordered. The trick is to be financially respnsible and use the money taken in to fill orders and order materials and then count the profit. unfortunately some use the money before filling orders hoping that they will be able to make it up somewhere and when that doesn't happen they can't fill the order or refund the money, and get deeper in the hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Some casters do keep a stock of their more common parts, but even then, it is sometimes a crapshoot- maybe that part that's been selling like hotcakes for the last six months will be collecting dust all of a sudden, and some other part that wasn't as popular will see more demand.

Some of these casters sell their products to second parties such as STAR Models or hobby shops- if you're worried about a long wait it is never a bad idea to check out such a source and see if they have that casters part in stock.

• 2 months later...