Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 wants to know what you want!

I replied to their question with, why not an all new model kit of a 1/25 scale '69-'70 Mustang.

The possibility's are almost endless, so the tool can be designed to eject many different siblings, keeping it in the production facility for quite some time.

Maybe many of you think, another Mustang,

Nope! I'm with you.The 69 & 70 Mustangs, and the 64 1/2 to 66 Mustangs are overdue for modern re tools.

One more time. By now, most respondents to this thread should understand that it doesn't matter what you say here. You have to go to the Round 2 Facebook page linked in the first post to make your suggestions so they can be heard by Round 2. It was never suggested that they're following this forum.

Edited by sjordan2

thats the problem.. facebook... someone should link this post to the facebook... after myspace.. I will never do anything like that again.. I watch my spouse and my folks on that site to know it is not for me in any shape or form!!! and don't get me started on the epic fail called twitter!!

This thread was linked to Facebook in the very first post, as I just said.

POST #1 THAT BEGAN THIS THREAD:

"Saw this on Facebook: https://www.facebook...#!/Round2Models they are asking for inputs on new releases"

Round2 is not soliciting ideas on Facebook. It was for discussion only. The discussion was "If you could promote your dream model, what would it be?". "It was simply to generate discussion" - per the Marketing manager at Round2.

Round2 gets thousands of model requests every week. The exercise on FB was meant for the FB crowd and to generate traffic on Round2's FB site.

thats the problem.. facebook... someone should link this post to the facebook... after myspace.. I will never do anything like that again.. I watch my spouse and my folks on that site to know it is not for me in any shape or form!!! and don't get me started on the epic fail called twitter!!

Several days after I started this thread I posted a link on Round2's Facebook page. They might read this thread. And yes it is a "what of", but if you never ask then you will never recieve.

They need to make an all-new tool of a '62 Dodge Polara with full engine and chassis detail. My uncle drove one when he was in high school and wants me to build him a model of it. They'd be making a huge mistake by not building this car.

Just kidding. It's a hideous pile of dog poop on wheels and no one would buy it....just like half the requests in any thread like this. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous "$250,000 Challenge" annual contest from another site. :rolleyes:

facebook? ummm dont think so. anyway:

>As for the '64 Comet I second the motion and while they're at it add it to the slot car series...

>drag car w/decals and 100,000 miles at 100

>miles and hour and the safari options...

now THAT is an excellent suggestion if they have the molds to the base kit. especially those safari options and hopefully decals. plus a drag and a stock? thats a perfect kit even for these times. i would line up for it.

>As for the '64 Comet I second the motion and while they're at it add it to the slot car series...

>drag car w/decals and 100,000 miles at 100

>miles and hour and the safari options...

now THAT is an excellent suggestion if they have the molds to the base kit.

The '64 Comet Caliente kit was in production six years ago, and marketed by Model King: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3155&hl=comet

They need to make an all-new tool of a '62 Dodge Polara with full engine and chassis detail. My uncle drove one when he was in high school and wants me to build him a model of it. They'd be making a huge mistake by not building this car.

Just kidding. It's a hideous pile of dog poop on wheels and no one would buy it....just like half the requests in any thread like this. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous "$250,000 Challenge" annual contest from another site. :rolleyes:

I would buy one in a heartbeat, as well as quite a number of suggestions made here. :P

I've told them on their FB page and also have emailed them.

It's fun to discuss here as well.

With the popularity of 80s stuff right now in pop culture, they'd be wise to jump on the bandwagon and release any kits they can still make for the 80s shows and movies they made. All the Dukes kits (they currently have some on the market), A Team, Fall Guy, Hardcastle &McCormick, etc. and even reach back to the late 70s and send out the CHiPs kits too.

Anything from that era is really hot right now. Most of us that loved those shows as little kids are in our mid to late 30s or older and have the finances to buy all of the kits as they come out.

Neither AMT not MPC had any CHiPs kits. Only Revell.

The A-Team van can not be re-issued. that kit has been back-dated to the current issue,

and soon to be re-issued Fire Department Rescue van.

My bad, I thought they made John's truck once. Thanks for clarifying.

I would be happy seeing any of the old stuff reissued. My main request is that they do a better job with the chromed sprues. Many of the kits have excessive flash on the chromed sprues and thick or lumpy plating as well as debris under the plating.

Why isn't it possible to have the nice thin chrome plating that kits had back in the 60's?

This car might be a candidate for Moebius

Edited by oldscool

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous "$250,000 Challenge" annual contest from another site. :rolleyes:

Thanks great to read that I have a fan!

BTW it's been more then a few years since I ran it, but you're right Lee, enthusiast poll's don't work, the pool just isn't large enough, sales data combined with solid market research does.

But at least I tried something....

Luc Janssens

Revell Did do Jon's Pickup, Ponch's Firebird, The CHP Camaro (Marked but no lightbar),

& the Kawasaki that they rode.

I believe the Pickup & Firebird were Snap kits.

I believe the Pickup with Plow Is from the same kit as Jon's

or the Ice Patrol with Snow mobile

I have the Bike. never did get the others.

AMT/MPC Could do Face's Vette.

Revell Did do Jon's Pickup, Ponch's Firebird, The CHP Camaro (Marked but no lightbar),

& the Kawasaki that they rode.

I believe the Pickup & Firebird were Snap kits.

I believe the Pickup with Plow Is from the same kit as Jon's

or the Ice Patrol with Snow mobile

I have the Bike. never did get the others.

AMT/MPC Could do Face's Vette.

That CHP Camaro was a farce. It had stupid, grossly oversized IMSA-like pontoon fairings on all four fenders. Molded in, not glue-on (or delete). You could not build that kit stock, like a real CHP Camaro. The contents did not resemble the box-art. It was a waste of plastic. :angry: