Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snake N Mongoose ATTACK

Dragline

So I bought several of these kits a while back. I wasn't prepared for the fact that they didn't have correct decals so I let them sit there, then perusing eBay I cam acrross a guy selling repro decal sets. Well, they were horrible but it did get me bulding again so for that I am grateful. I asked on the wanted section on this site for some and was answered. So I built them and they came out OK I guess. The paint is Tamiya Racing white and French blue respectively. The decals were good quality but the white section of the Mongoose had ripple like printing on them. I perservered and the clear coat attacked the decals a bit. They aren't perfect [the assembly is hehehe] but they are very cool indeed. Slixx got the OK to do the Mongoose, let's hope The Snake says OK as well.

2uhpunm.jpg

I have 4 more kits awaiting those decals. Oh BTW, they are available for pre-order on Slixx website.

35mo18p.jpg

Dragline

Good looking builds on both of them, despite the problems you had with the Mongoose decals. The Slixx decals are sure to be top notch but don't hold your breath on Prudhomme decals. He is almost as bad as Force when it comes to licensing and worse yet his wife holds the power of what gets done and what does not. If the repro decals are that bad (and I have both sets that I haven't tried yet) then you could re-do the Prudhomme car by masking and painting the blue and using some of the typical decals from the soon to be released Slixx Mongoose set that will work for both cars and the rest from the repro set.

Love the Snake & Mongoose

As a matter of fact ... we've updated this offering & adjusted the "short comings" of those kits

w/ a 1 piece body , where that nasty center seam line alway'd ghosts through

& added lil' extra decal *wedge slice* for the cowled area in front of the engine

Contact me if your interested ....... ReliableResin@aol.com

7b28_1_sbl.JPG

That's good stuff there RR. I saw your stuff on eBay and almost pulled the trigger when I got the second set of decals. You have some stuff up I'll prob get soon.

I didn't have any probs with the parting lines as can be seen, just those pesky decals. I'm certain the Slixx ones will be fine. Not knocking yours as they look excellent indeed.

I plan on building a full detail version of at least the Mongoose after I finish my Garlits Swamp Rat 1R project I am working on. Update pix on that soon as well fellas.

I got the primary and port injection done. Put plug boots and several other additional details as well.

Pix of those soon.

Bob F