Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doodlebugs, Scrambolas, Jitterbugs, and Field Crawlers (And Other Types) CBP

Dr. Cranky

• 8 months later...

Hey guys,

I know this thread is a while old, but i found a photo of something i want to build, and i think it fits in here. But i need some ideas for the cab, possible base models or sth, because i dont want to completely scratch it:

image_zps5da41383.jpg

And i'm interested, if there is somebody who started a new project or has updates?...

i dont want to completely scratch it:

I think you are gonna be completely out luck for 99% of this. The cab looks like it might be from some old steam shovel or other construction machine. An engine might be possible, but the rest? Place a big order with Plastruct because you're gonna need it.

Hey guys,

I know this thread is a while old, but i found a photo of something i want to build, and i think it fits in here. But i need some ideas for the cab, possible base models or sth, because i dont want to completely scratch it:image_zps5da41383.jpg

And i'm interested, if there is somebody who started a new project or has updates?...

Looks to me like a modified stagecoach... We should reboot this thread!

Hey guys,

I know this thread is a while old, but i found a photo of something i want to build, and i think it fits in here. But i need some ideas for the cab, possible base models or sth, because i dont want to completely scratch it:image_zps5da41383.jpg

That looks pretty cool, it does kind of look like stagecoach or maybe a passenger train car , maybe an old O scale train car would be a good start? Glad to see something on here again.

@Tom Geiger : Yeah for sure :D

@JTalmage : A Flintstone kit isnt a real posibility, because i´m located in Germany and the shipping would be outlandish...

I´ll look out for an old passenger train car....the plow is my biggest fear :/

We´ll see...

For the plow I would start with a soda can and start cutting and bending.

@Tom Geiger : Yeah for sure :D

@JTalmage : A Flintstone kit isnt a real posibility, because i´m located in Germany and the shipping would be outlandish...

I´ll look out for an old passenger train car....the plow is my biggest fear :/

We´ll see...

Jonas, Lindberg recently reissued their ancient tall T. It's a little small but that could work for this application. Maybe Those have been available local for you? Edited by Tom Geiger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...