Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey guys, here's a fun little VW Vanagon I wrapped up recently. Wanted to keep that 80's look, but I just couldn't do stock height. Krylon orange, kit decals with urethane clear. antique white for the top. custom decals for seat inserts. Also has cool tv & cabinet inside. The wheels are "Orange Wheels" 3 piece 4 lug steelies.

1_zpscjoiggtj.jpg

5_zpsab1zixz2.jpg

3_zpsyzxt3nms.jpg

4_zpsou9nz5wb.jpg

10384659_943277775704403_728285305922769

Hm. nothing but slammed? I'm missing some detailwork like Color on the turnsignallight and sidemarkers. Looks like the decals are too thick...the "panellines", doorlines are gone...

A mistake from Revell, the mirroros are wrong, the must be changed from the left to the right.

That looks really good of a different subject!

Can I ask where you got those wheels? They are very similar to ones I'm having to practically make from some resin ones I found with the holes for a build of the '69 Bug I had with some cheap rims. I'm at the point of adding the 4 lug nuts.

Thanks Foxer, I have a little online shop that carries these. They come from Asuka Models in Japan. I am currently the only retailer in the US with them. Check them out at www.detailjunkees.com

Hm. nothing but slammed? I'm missing some detailwork like Color on the turnsignallight and sidemarkers. Looks like the decals are too thick...the "panellines", doorlines are gone...

A mistake from Revell, the mirroros are wrong, the must be changed from the left to the right.

Hi Dominik, I appreciate the criticism. Admittedly not my best work. With the endless fitment issues I was having (even the glass cracked with me trying to fit in place), it almost ended back in its box to never return. But I decided it was too cool to throw away so I just finished up as something fun. I'm glad I did.

Big thanks to everyone else for the kind words!

• 2 weeks later...