Model Cars Magazine Forum

Online Sources for Replicas and Miniatures of Md.?

I've dealt with Norm Veber in the past, and will gladly order from him again and reccomend his products to anybody, but I'm just wondering if there are any online shops who carry his products. I've found a few who carry his Ferrari stuff, but nothing else. I'm planning to purchase the louvered '62 Pontiac hood, among other items.

I think Norm is snail mail and phone only. He does have an e-mail address, but that's it - replmincomd@aol.com

I don't think he sees the value in spending time and money on a website for what amounts to a part time niche business - that's probably one of the reasons he has been able to stay in business for so long.

I think Norm is snail mail and phone only. He does have an e-mail address, but that's it - replmincomd@aol.com

I don't think he sees the value in spending time and money on a website for what amounts to a part time niche business - that's probably one of the reasons he has been able to stay in business for so long.

That's right, no website. Although I believe it's a false economy. Here are some links of photo pages various modelers have put up to show some of Norm's pieces. You should know that it would be prohibitive to show pictures of the literally hundreds of items in Norm's catalog.

http://public.fotki....casminiatureof/

http://public.fotki....cas_and_miniat/

http://public.fotki....cas_and_miniat/

Edited by gbk1

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I spoke with Norm at NNL East and he mentioned he was so busy, he couldn't even sell at that show. Imagine being that backed up to pass on vending at one of the largest shows in the country? Instead he attended as a spectator and had a great time. Good for him!

Never second guess Norm's work. It's usually better than imagined.

Its tough being at the top! I have some of Norm's stuff, from epay, and its all amazing. As has been said on many forums, if he went online, he would need an Army to keep up with the demand. The Parts Box is the only caster I've found to come close to Norm's level of quality. Oh, and have you seen any of his models? He builds with the same quality as he casts!

Edited by Draggon

I think the original question was are there "any online shops who carry his products", not whether or not he has a website himself. No, I've never seen any, although there was somebody putting a bunch of his stuff on Ebay not long ago. Must've sold out though, because they disappeared. You could almost RUN an online hobby shop reselling his stuff and nothing else! Lol.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread but in the links above there is an email address - I would love to get hold of a current catalogue if one is available, anyone know if replmincomd "at" aol.com is current? or would I be better using snail mail?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but in the links above there is an email address - I would love to get hold of a current catalogue if one is available, anyone know if replmincomd "at" aol.com is current? or would I be better using snail mail?

That's still his current e-mail. Norm's pretty good about getting back with you quickly whether you use phone, e-mail, or snail mail.

• 11 months later...

I'm surprised someone has not approached him about at least selling some things via Ebay. The again Ebay can be a headache and after paying all the fees how much do you really make. I can ask him if he would not mind if I scanned his catalogue and then it could posted as an attachement or emailed to whoever asked for one. The same goes for Harold "Brad" Braford's Historic Racing Miniatures products - no website but the quality of their stuff is outstanding.

http://public.fotki.com/davetoups/aftermarket_model_parts/historic_racing-1/