Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 Ford 'T' Carny Wagon

gasser59

Thanks guys for your comments. They're really appreciated.

Well, I pleased to report that yesterday the carney wagon took first place in the Light Commercial category at Desert Scale Classic right up the road from me as well as taking Best Interior. I was speechless and quite humbled.

Thanks guys for your comments. They're really appreciated.

Well, I pleased to report that yesterday the carney wagon took first place in the Light Commercial category at Desert Scale Classic right up the road from me as well as taking Best Interior. I was speechless and quite humbled.

and that is a big Congrat`s to you my friend..........great job

• 2 years later...

Well, in looking at this build the other day, I realized I had always wanted to redo the mirror. The BMF turned out bumpy so I'll use a piece of polished printing plate to cover the foil. The plate will be cut to fit directly over the existing mirror inside the frame. I tried to pop the mirror frame off and it wouldn't budge so I tried to take the cabinet off the wall and it was really stuck too. I was hoping the cabinet would come off so I could make a new one that the mirror door would open showing shelves and small items inside. Alas, not to be. I don't want to break anything.

Alright fellas. Happy holidays to all. I woke up this morning determined to get the mirror replaced and with a bit of polishing, I was able to get it done. Next, I want to separate the single interior window pane into the four like the outside. 

Here's the new mirror made with polished aluminum printing plate.

More to follow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a shot of the sectioned window pane as mentioned above. I want to put strings on the guitar but it is really stuck to the blanket. Since I can now print a pattern or other details on fabric paper, I may just pull it up, hopefully without destroying the bed. I also want to make a new pillow with less of a fabric pattern.

WindowFrame_zpsaksdkfhw.jpg

Still a few more items to follow.

Edited by gasser59

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A bit of an update. For some time I have been trying to figure out a way to have an LED light inside the camper so there would be a bit of a glow through the window and open door. Crazy enough, I found a place selling LED earrings online and ordered a set. Now hold on, I'm not that kind of guy, but these earrings sure worked out well. They are powered by really tiny watch batteries so I can replace them when needed and I also have a back up. They had a fake diamond which I removed and then I cut away 3 of the 6 prongs that held it in. Then I cut a piece of clear plastic from a clam shell package and crested a domed top with a hook out of brass. It still needs some weathering but I couldn't wait to share this with you guys.

I have a hook inside for the light as well as one outside the door. I'll get it weathered up a bit and take a couple more shots with it in place. I'm stoked.