Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tommy Grove F/C

Pro Tech

WOW, beautiful in every aspect. can't say enough about how great this looks.

I also wanted to comment on the 'clear' comment you made. I have been using Model Master ultra gloss lacquer [28139], I find it sprays/flows quite nice, here is an example [one coat and un sanded/polished]

photo_zps03ef6d6f.jpg

Thanks guys, It's real close and should be done very, very soon :)

Thanks Tom for the pic. That does look great for unsanded/polished and for a Lac. at that. All the Lac. I've shot always had a slight surface ripple ala orange peel etc. Was it shot with airbrush or rattle can? I only use cans as I hate the set-up/clean-up of a brush lol.... Just wondering, have you tried Testors One Coat clear Lac. ?, I've heard good things but have no direct experience with it yet.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Charlie, that's all rattle can. I like it way better than the enamel clear, just seems to flow better and lay flatter [in my experience anyway]. I started with the 'normal' lacquer clear, then tried this. as I say, I like this much better so far.

I'm still fairly 'new' to painting, but have had good results with the 'close and quick' technique, if that makes sense.

hope this helps in some way,

tom

Thanks Tom for the further info! If it flows better than the enamel I'm going to give it a go. Yes it make sense "close and quick" I use the same technique :) I think you have more control of the spraying operation.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Hi Guys, well I've been really busy with the business lately (Thank you to all my customers and dealer :) ) and finally got around to getting the pics resized etc. to put up. Well here's the finished pics, much more of them in "Under Glass". As always thanks for checking it out along the way.

Till next time,

Charlie

Pro Tech

TommyGrovefinished2_zps4bee30e5.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yes , I agree this is a very clean build. You applied a little more then basic detailing to render a good example clean building techniques and proved it doesn't take an abundance of photo etch & machined parts to have a awesome looking model. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! appreciate it.

Dave, I have started mocking up the same kit (Johan Mustang F/C) for the "Brutus" car but I've been so busy with the business lately (just finished spooling 1600 packs of braided line :wacko: ) that I haven't touched it for about a month now. I will post it when I get it all mocked up.

Later,

Charlie

Pro Tech