Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok, so I am back into modelling after a 40 yr hiatus. Man have things changed! Anyway, I have a dozen or so kits to build, but am interested in redoing a 55 Chevy p/up glue bomb I picked up on eBay. What is the best method for de-gluing this truck?

Thanks in advance, guys. I've already gleened alot of info from here and hope to contribute some in the future.

John

In addition to what Rich said, Super Clean/Purple Power (the go-to paint strippers for many of us) are also good at loosening glue bonds. So if it has to be stripped as well, just give it a soak, but be advised it will also strip all chome as well.

Here's a cool little trick I've learned..... Once you get to the building stage with your models, to aid in future disassembly, use something similar to Elmer's Glue All ( or the Elmer's itself ) for parts that attach to the body ( clear parts, bumpers, etc...) The Glue All doesn't melt the plastic together and makes taking the model back apart a lot easier....

• 3 weeks later...