Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy P/S

Sparky68

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about color yet, but the 2 lane black top color you can always go with. Got some free time so started working on the chassis. I'm using .100" rod(2.5mm) and drilled holes in the fire wall to mount the upper lt/rt tubes.

scratchbuiltchassiswfloortin-001.jpgP8060010.jpg

Edited by Sparky68

• 3 weeks later...

Well had insomnia last night so I did some work on the chassis and other parts.

P8250027.jpg

P8250030.jpg

Been thinking about using a HEMI, but an old school HEMI.

I was thinking about stretching the nose from the front door to the wheel well. That's so I can run funny car headers! or 4 tubes into one big a$$ tube! See the markings in this pic P8030004-2.jpg

Edited by Sparky68

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some ideas, but still not sure. I want to put a Hemi in her, but I can't seem to find that look. As if the motor belongs, meaning it's not to big or small, just right. LOL! It has to look right. It has to look like what I picture in my mind.

someideas-02.jpg

someideas-05.jpg

someideas-04.jpg

Edited by Sparky68

Thanks Tim(aka;nybuilder) I used .100" rod & .080" rod for some of the inter tin chassis work. Well think I'm gonna use thiss motor. It's a bbc that I took and glued then cut up into 1/4's and pieced back making it wider and tall with stryene sheet after all that casted her. All the other parts are from part bins. Still not sure about the carb setup looking more towards a blower setup instead.

P9140001.jpg

P9130006.jpg

Edited by Sparky68

Well I might add aluminum tube to the tunnel ram setup. You think it's to high(tubes to long)? I also sandwich a piece of styrene scrap between the top/base and the bottom. It has a more real look to it now then before(sat to low).

P9190002.jpg

P9190003.jpg

I started to cut up a carb(split carb setup maybe?). There's 2 different carbs in the pic. The cutup carb is a MCG(model car garage) the other one(don't know, parts bin)

P9150003.jpg

Edited by Sparky68

If you're going Pro Street, then the elongated manifold runners look perfect ! However, if that's a race car, I would have left them short. Those runners are usually 'tuned' to a certain length for a reason.....Have you thought about modifying those carbs and manifold into a fuel injection unit ? Edelbrock manufactures a F.I. unit that resembles a carb; it only controls the air,while the fuel is injected into the manifold runners.....'Z'

Thanks Tim(aka;nybuilder) I used .100" rod & .080" rod for some of the inter tin chassis work. Well think I'm gonna use thiss motor. It's a bbc that I took and glued then cut up into 1/4's and pieced back making it wider and tall with stryene sheet after all that casted her. All the other parts are from part bins. Still not sure about the carb setup looking more towards a blower setup instead.

P9140001.jpg

P9130006.jpg

Well I might add aluminum tube to the tunnel ram setup. You think it's to high(tubes to long)? I also sandwich a piece of styrene scrap between the top/base and the bottom. It has a more real look to it now then before(sat to low).

P9190002.jpg

P9190003.jpg

I started to cut up a carb(split carb setup maybe?). There's 2 different carbs in the pic. The cutup carb is a MCG(model car garage) the other one(don't know, parts bin)

P9150003.jpg

Like Steven stated, I would say your Intake runners are to high unless going "Pro Street". If you look your block is sitting on the ground without an Oilpan. So you would need to raise the block a good scale 6-12" off of the ground. Then another 1-2" for ground clearance under the pan. If you make these changes, with that new intake you have modified your carbs are going to stick way up out of the Hood (Like a Blower). This engine should be under the cowl hood and the carbs should just begin protruding into the Cowl section.

• 2 weeks later...