Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Sean: What should i call your build, so i may "sign you in" ?

Wayne: That blue is Humbrol gloss 14 called french blue. I like way it looks becouse it acts same way than 1:1 NYPD color does, so it looks light blue in sun and darker in room light and so on.

Wheelman: Very cool to have some Lambos too, thats what i wished on here differend subjects from differend guys.

Today i have done little things for Caprice like some detail painting. I hope i have something to show later today B)

Janne, that's a perfect color.

Here's where I'm at as of today. This is Duplicolor gray primer washed with Floquil Grimy Black. I dry brushed MM Neutral Gray for the highlights.

DSCF3148.jpg

DSCF3149.jpg

DSCF3150.jpg

I mocked up the interior so now on to the chassis.

Here's an old stalled build that I plan to finish thanks to this CBP.

This was a car I drove back in the day.

DSCF2449.jpg

DSCF2450.jpg

DSCF2451.jpg

G

I have a bunch of jobs that have worked their way to the front of my to-do list, so I'll join in. (Yeah, it's an ambitious list, but, hey, I have all the rest of the year, right?) I'm absolutely committed to getting these done!!

'57 Chevy - Phoenix PD

'57 Chevy - Phoenix FD

'57 Chrysler convt - Turello's ride

'59 Ford sedan - Crime Story squad

'60 Ford sedan - Chicago PD patrol

'60 Studebaker Lark - Phoenix PD

'75 Cutlass - S/O unmarked (my old ride)

'80 Dodge Diplomat - S/O marked (another old ride)

'80 Dodge Diplomat - S/O detective (yet another old ride)

'92 Caprice BP sedan (worse for wear)

'08 Charger - Maricopa S/O

'05 American LaFrance Fire Engine

'11 Lonestar Fire Engine

And, oh, yeah. There's another project I'm already 1/2 done with ... for the semi-tractor/trailer CBP ... but it would be a cross-over here, so I'll drop a pic or two later. It's a Pete 359 Conventional with Low Boy dropdeck trailer and a special load.

Now, don't bother me, I've got to get to work! LOL. ;)

:lol:

Janne, here's some inspiration for your Caprice.

This is a '93 that I drove when I first made sergeant. I put a modified Impala SS body,onto the interior/chassis from a Revell Fire Chief/Taxi.

This was the first police car I ever had with power windows and GASP! carpet. :D

DSCF3152.jpg

DSCF3153.jpg

DSCF3154.jpg

DSCF3155.jpg

DSCF3156.jpg

I do not prefer die cast yet this was the only way to replicate another of my rides.

DSCF3158.jpg

DSCF3162.jpg

DSCF3164.jpg

G

Janne - I have a kinda interesting model in the works that sort of fits, since the base vehicle for the actual vehicles that were produced in limited numbers started life as used Cadillac ambulances and hearses. A friend of mine once owned a camper based on a 1961 Caddy ambulance, and I'm partway through my own take on it, using the Jo-Han '66 Cadillac Ambulance kit as a base. If you tink it's close enough to your idea for this CBP, count me in.

(I already have 4 CBP models inthe works, inc luding one for my own CBP: "The Cars of Rock 'n' Roll & Country Music". Why not think about joining in mine if you're interested and have the time??? ;) )

Engine is partially together and test fitting all of the various major parts together with the engine & tranny in the chassis...

5637640684_9eeacb8df6_b.jpg

James, I googled many references and found several different variations of the valve colors. Some showed black like yours some showed aluminum with the coil packs being black. Same with the intake manifold.

I am thinking to use the engine cover so most of the mill won't be seen anyway.

You thoughts?

G

Thank You Sir!

That Caprice was my first ride as a district sergeant. That was a sweet, sweet car. I had a friend in fleet services who kept that car off the trade list for over a year so I could keep it. We actually hid the darn thing one weekend, so it wouldn't be noticed and turned in.

On another note, I'm sitting here all buggered up having left the ER. Got plenty of time to build, so on with the show! Pics to follow, if I can find anything while on these good good meds........ :lol:

G

On another note, I'm sitting here all buggered up having left the ER. Got plenty of time to build, so on with the show! Pics to follow, if I can find anything while on these good good meds........ :)

G

Whad'ya do to yerseff? Nothing real serious, I hope.

:)

I am thinking to use the engine cover so most of the mill won't be seen anyway.

You thoughts?

G

I think it was really hot in North Carolina today. I think I'm going to have to get out of my second load tomorrow...

Oh wait the engine cover...yeah I plan to use mine, so it will all be hidden. I think a lot of the coloring depends on the year of the car. Similar to the two tone (light gray/dark gray) interior in 2006/07 to the all dark gray interior since then...

I think it was really hot in North Carolina today. I think I'm going to have to get out of my second load tomorrow...

Oh wait the engine cover...yeah I plan to use mine, so it will all be hidden. I think a lot of the coloring depends on the year of the car. Similar to the two tone (light gray/dark gray) interior in 2006/07 to the all dark gray interior since then...

Smart a$$! ;)

Windy here today, lookin' to get real hot by the weekend.

I've never driven the PD version, sat in one and looked around though. I had an '07 as a rental but a never looked under the hood.

I just drove an '11 last weekend as a rental. Didn't look under the hood this time either. ;)

G

Ok in between drug induced periods of sleep I accomplished quite a bit on the Impala's interior.

I painted and assembled the radio, siren, and light switches as I remembered them from oh so long ago. These are resin copies of the parts in the old '70 Ford police interceptor kit.

DSCF3167.jpg

DSCF3168.jpg

I detailed the steering column with gear shift and blinker lever. These will be silver with black knobs. I made the knobs from superglue and accelerator.

DSCF3165.jpg

The interior as painted years ago.

DSCF3169.jpg

DSCF3170.jpg

G

Ok in between drug induced periods of sleep I accomplished quite a bit on the Impala's interior.

I could use some of those periods of sleep, I haven't been able to sleep right since who knows when!!! :):)

By the way, looking nice so far. :)

Chassis003-vi95.jpg

I love the look of that exhaust!! I never thought of painting one half new half used before!