Model Cars Magazine Forum

a CBP proposal Mad Max 4: Fury Road, build the next Interceptor

Lownslow

seems like a lot of military trucks got sacrificed for this one also heard the original location was too "green" so they moved the shoot to south africa, anyways what about this CBP being about the hero car. last i heard its this stupid looking ford concept

324d4f12ca.jpg

tho with liberties in the creativity department by photoshoppers its more fitting for its role.

4320b839a2.jpg

heres what it will be up against, these were spotted before shipping out to south africa.

aef9b3dcd2.jpg

8211f11126.jpg

5f943cfd4e.jpg

theres no confirmation whether the ford concept is in it or not i wouldnt be surprised if theyre keeping a super tight lid on it after the ford concept almost caused a micro riot among MM fans.

so heres what i propose a simple CBP

Build the Next MAD MAX HERO CAR

only rules are

no excessive weaponizing(there werent that many weaponized vehicles in MM)

no use of the previous interceptor (its cheating)

open to cars, trucks, bikes, ETC....

kudos if you build what a Bruce Spence like character(dont know if hes in it or not or likewise character confirmed) might be flying in this movie.

the time limit, from now till the release date of the trailer.

what you guys think?

Edited by Lownslow

sounds sweet

and a perfect excuse to watch the trilogy

when are we expecting the trailer to be out?

( before im giving my yes oder no i want to know what time frame im looking at)

funny anekdote about the first mad max, i was trying to convince the wifey to watch it so i was explaining the story to her

me: ...in an post appocoliptic world....driving a souped up ford looking for fuel...

wifey: wait a minute, he is driving around lookinf for fuel?

me: well, yeah, gasoline

wifey: you know, if he just stopped driving around he wouldnt need any fuel

me: well.....but....erhm...

sounds sweet

and a perfect excuse to watch the trilogy

when are we expecting the trailer to be out?

( before im giving my yes oder no i want to know what time frame im looking at)

funny anekdote about the first mad max, i was trying to convince the wifey to watch it so i was explaining the story to her

me: ...in an post appocoliptic world....driving a souped up ford looking for fuel...

wifey: wait a minute, he is driving around lookinf for fuel?

me: well, yeah, gasoline

wifey: you know, if he just stopped driving around he wouldnt need any fuel

me: well.....but....erhm...

:lol: my gf said the same thing, i told her because interceptor.

It sounds to me like it's the perfect addition to the Post Apocalypse Builds going on right now. Great eye candy, and thanks for sharing it.

I have spent quite some time looking through the 2012 Post Apocalypse/Zombie Hunter Community Build forum. It's not something I can really join in, with me being in Australia. I'm happy enough to share my progress either here or there though, depending on which the community prefers.

In the mean time, here's the start of my build. Extended frame, and air bag suspension. For the air bags, I used some vibration mounts from something like a CDRom player. Exact details escape me as I've pulled hundreds of things apart and kept the interesting bits.

road_warrior_model_build_by_otherunicorn-d4njhte.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

Ok , heres your heads up . The concept car that you speak of will NOT be in mm4 . The movie itself will span between mm1 and mm2 , it tells the story of how society went from sortof madness to all out lawless land where only the strong survive .

The gap between mm1 and mm2 has many stories that can be told , how the war happened , who and how they survived , how and when max modified the interceptor .

So the vehicles should have a more stock look to them , with maybe some sort of roll cage or half rollcage to protect the driver . A large fuel tank to save you from having to stop and fuel all the time so the ferels cant kill you for your wheels when you stop to fuel, and big horsepower to out run these ferels . Wire , wire on the window openings or steel with small openings so nuthing can enter the vehicle to get to you . I'd say just think of how YOU would fit out a car right now with what you have around you , yer forget about all the big gun things as you would have to go somewhere to get amo so would the ferels be there getting their amo and they like you won't want to share . Build a car you would survive in , dont forget to protect your tyres . I dont think you will see the max kit re-released as the company didnt get a copyright licence to make it originally and was told bigtime to stop making it . Cheer's and see you on the road scag !

Edited by scummy

yer forget about all the big gun things as you would have to go somewhere to get amo

Yup, he's already written that up in the rules at the top.

None the less, there doesn't seem to be a lot of build activity or even interest yet.

Perhaps then, this would be more relevant. It's a Revell Ultra-Z 1982/3 Camaro, by the way. An extremely modded one!

P1000492-vi.jpg

P1000493-vi.jpg

P1000495-vi.jpg

P1000497-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

Yup, he's already written that up in the rules at the top.

None the less, there doesn't seem to be a lot of build activity or even interest

Perhaps then, this would be more relevant. It's a Revell Ultra-Z 1982/3 Camaro, by the way. An extremely modded one!

P1000492-vi.jpg

P1000493-vi.jpg

P1000495-vi.jpg

P1000497-vi.jpg

That looks great .I looked at it before reading what you wrote and thought that looked like a 80s camaro

That looks great .I looked at it before reading what you wrote and thought that looked like a 80s camaro

Well spotted then, considering how little of the Camaro outline is left. The windscreen and front portion of the roof, and some of the air dam are about the only parts that were not resculpted.

4648766257_189feddbb6_o.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

I found a kit for this build completely by accident. I went to my LHS yesterday and found the AMT 73 Mustang kit. Having just watched "Gone in 60 Seconds" the day before I was jacked to build the original Eleanor. Well lo and behold wen I got home the kit was not what they portrayed on the box top. There is no way you can build a stock 73 Mustang with this kit. After a quick search of the internet I found that I wasn't the first person to be duped by AMT. WTF!?!?!?! I was really pissed but then it dawned on me that it would be perfect for this build so....

Not sure when I'll start but it should be soon.

been going through my stash and im thinking iether a 69 442 or a 70 chevelle

the engine in the 442 is WAY to nice for a build like this so if i go with that i will drop in the 350 from my datsun pick'm'up truck

i thought about dropping a real engine in (a 440 or a hemi) but we must keep gas mileage in the back of our mind too

(maybe a slant6?)

i dont know, whats you guy's take on this?

I found a kit for this build completely by accident. I went to my LHS yesterday and found the AMT 73 Mustang kit. Having just watched "Gone in 60 Seconds" the day before I was jacked to build the original Eleanor. Well lo and behold wen I got home the kit was not what they portrayed on the box top. There is no way you can build a stock 73 Mustang with this kit. After a quick search of the internet I found that I wasn't the first person to be duped by AMT. WTF!?!?!?! I was really pissed but then it dawned on me that it would be perfect for this build so....

Not sure when I'll start but it should be soon.

If you look a few messages up, you can see what I did with my AMT 73 Mustang kit!

A small block Chevy is as ubiquitious as it gets in the engine world. They made gazillions of them, all sorts of parts, and spares as well.

Availability, weight, performance, all say SBC.

G

good point (except for the performance ;) )

so i decided on the 70 chevelle

i pulled the 545 and found a SBC 350 to drop in it instead

(im still looking for some parts which i put up for wanted in the wanted section)

i guess the build has started...just what i needed, more projects

allright guys

i got started on the new interceptor today

i got the trunk opened, got some junk together and found the perfect rim/tires selection

i also got started on the frame and the engine

still looking for some extra parts for it though

1327874783.jpg

Edited by diymirage