Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #7 FINISHED!

Real or Model?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Maybe Harry is going easy on us this week! I dunno, it sure looks like a model to me but, the background has been p-shopped...

Maybe he's getting out the big guns because we have been tough to fool!!!

I just don't wanna wait til friday ;)

Maybe I used a photo that looks like a model so you'll think that I'm trying to fool you by using a photo that's real but looks like a model...or maybe I'm trying to fool you by using a photo that looks like a model because it is a model and you'd think I wouldn't make it that easy so you'd vote real...or maybe the car is real but looks like a model so you'll vote model even if it's real...or maybe it's real but you vote model because...is your head spinning yet??? ;)

I'd go real because of the reflections on the rear do not follow this light refraction pattern: inline60.gif but rather this other one equation13.gif where h(v) is a function of the distribution histogram:

But on the other hand however, by applying the Jacobian transformation to the Gamma distribution: equation9.gif the result says possibly model.

So bottom line:

What the heck do I know? I guess real so I have a 50% chance ;)

Thanks,

I'd go real because of the reflections on the rear do not follow this light refraction pattern: inline60.gif but rather this other one equation13.gif where h(v) is a function of the distribution histogram:

But on the other hand however, by applying the Jacobian transformation to the Gamma distribution: equation9.gif the result says possibly model.

So bottom line:

What the heck do I know? I guess real so I have a 50% chance ;)

Thanks,

Gotta love the scientific approach! ;)

Maybe I used a photo that looks like a model so you'll think that I'm trying to fool you by using a photo that's real but looks like a model...or maybe I'm trying to fool you by using a photo that looks like a model because it is a model and you'd think I wouldn't make it that easy so you'd vote real...or maybe the car is real but looks like a model so you'll vote model even if it's real...or maybe it's real but you vote model because...

Too funny! These words were floating around in my head as I typed the earlier response. ;);)

So bottom line:

What the heck do I know? I guess real so I have a 50% chance :D

Thanks,

!!! ??? :P:P hehehee

OH! My vote?...............I was mesmerized by that Rube Goldbergish type formula!! Uh..............I vote model! B):lol:

I voted model for two reasons. 1. I think the background is too far out of focus for a unretouched real car and 2. I do not see any nounting holes/brackets for the rear license plate. But I realize that you could have made the backgound out of focus intentionaly and you could have photoshopped the mounting holes out for the rear plate....so therefore in the end it is a guess. P.S. something about the breakline just in front of the left front fender looks more like the platform that a model would be sitting on then a road/sidewalk break. Ok, technically thats three reasons...shoot me. It's still just a guess.

I'm definitely in the minority, but I had to go real with this one. It looks like the license plate has been blanked out (would only need to happen to hide a real plate) It looks like maybe the forground was 'shopped in to look more model-ish. There is a....well, a pimple or something near the back edge of the door....would anyone detail the recessed lug nuts and leave a big 'ol bump like that in the side? :lol:

I'm one for three and was totally guessing on the one, so the odds seem against me this time too :rolleyes:

*edit to add sig line*

Edited by owen