Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Toyota Celsior-FINISHED

Christopher J

I picked up a few Aoshima kits from Scaledreams a few months back as I love the Japenese kits and how they're molded, and thier fit, etc. The only gripe I have with them is that they are cubsides and I prefer "full" kits, anyway......The first I chose to build was the Toyota Celsior, it's the East version lf the Lexus 400. I looked at a few of these online and noticed that other than being a luxury car they are used as Tuners too so thatsh the route I went. Since I wanted a nice looking finishedd product I decided to try my hand at polishing as well. The last attempt on another build didn't go so hot, this one though I think did. I'll you all be the judge...

ModelCarBuilds004_zps311d5280.jpg

ModelCarBuilds005_zpsb7a139c6.jpg

ModelCarBuilds006_zps781ad4c3.jpg

ModelCarBuilds007_zps7152701c.jpg

Driver is a Locsters Rider. They come in sets of 5 but are hard to find as they are discontinued. Normally they go well with lowrider models but I decided to try one in here. Who says a Homie can drive a Japanese luxury tuner??? :D His right arm had to be modified. There are build pics in my thread in the Workbench section.

ModelCarBuilds008_zps1d7ecb4c.jpg

ModelCarBuilds009_zpsae9f27de.jpg

I love the wheels that came with this kit. I chose to strip them but leave the lip chrome. I think they came out nice....

ModelCarBuilds010_zps80f0fded.jpg

And the chassis......

ModelCarBuilds011_zps59a017d0.jpg

Edited by Christopher J