Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Out of Your Comfort Zone community build

Nick Winter

would bikes be allowed, thats the only kit i have that i havent started, i can get another kit no problem though.

if they are id like to start with a tamiya yamaha yzr-m1, in race trim.

Jeff

Jeff were trying to keep it just trucks and cars.

so we are pickin the kit were gonna do ????????????????????????

an someone else is pickin the theme ?????????????

as long as it somethin we dont normaly do....

sry dumb ?? i just want to get this right....

like me , no scratchin , an not a mopar....lol box stock with lill detail..

if this will work i got somethin around.....

oh no scratchin , this is gonna be hard......lol :PB)

Davin

Ok, ok

You pick the kit, Micheal is gonna pick the style you'll build it in, if you normally build say emergency vehicles you won't this time, but your expected to put your best effort into what ever style you build with the kit you chose.

Edited by Dukefan69'

Got it nick, no problem.

sign me up for a 1960 ford starligner, its the amt kit.

colors will be flat black bottom, and a purple metal flake roof panel.

Jeff

Hold it Jeff we still got a week to go for sign up then we can get ready :D

So tommorrow is when we find out what were building?

I'll figure out the color when I know what I'm building! B)

next tuesday.

Ok Micheal has requested that you guys post a picture of what kit you have in mind. That way no one ends up having to do an extreme amount of work or ends up doing little to no work.

Also a link to your photo sharing account would be good so Micheal review your past builds.

Edited by Dukefan69'

Yea, I'm kinda confused too. It's jumped from one thing to the next and first it was the 19th we were supposed to get our challenge, but now we gotta wait another week? I mean I'm in for the build but don't want to start anything while wait for this one to start, but it's kinda confusing.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

The Rules AS of Tuesday October 19th 2010:

1. Micheal Stoneman (El Destructo Inc) will choose the style for the participants on Tuesday October 26th 2010.

2. You are to choose the kit.

3. You are to choose the color as long as it's appropriate to the style.

4. Please leave a link to your photobucket or other photo sharing account so that Micheal can choose an appropriate style for you to build.

5. Try your best, don't halfass it.

For now a Finish date will be left open.

well after thinking long and hard, I'm out of this build. I can't do it, I don't have anything that has to do with mine and I don't have any cash to go buy anything.

Sorry guys, but I thought this was gonna be more of a "style" build, where I could use a kit I have already, and not a catagory build or something that had nothing to do with a street car.

But hope you guys get yours done.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

OHHHHHHHH boy .. this should be fun.. :lol:

ok i changed my kit to a 62 catalina...color from the pure ice nail polish line . it a purple called (no means no).

ill get a pic of the kit up soon..its a sealed in bags kit.. :P:lol:;)

Edited by mopar01lee

big, i think late 40s an early to mid 50s cars , that are customs ,copped tops , lake pipes frenched lights an so on...

like 49 to 51 mercs, fords, chevys.. good example the merc from the movie cobra ,with stalone ... but real low to the ground...

try this out theres a lot..

http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/cars_-_various_themes/customs_and_flames/lead_sleds__kool_kustoms/

so ami still up for a lead sled? and could someone explain to me what a lead sled is?

Lead Sled

Customized cars, usually of the 40's and 50's, sometimes having major body modifications done to them (full fender fadeaways, peaking, flush fenderskirting, etc.), which of course were filled and smoothed with lead. It is rumored that some cars could have up to 50 pounds of lead in them! Cars of the 1950's had a lot of chrome trim, leaving a considerable amount of holes to be filled. Some cars had so much lead filling in the holes the name "Lead Sled" was coined.

Fadeaway

As related to bodywork: Changing a prominent fender profile on a car so that it instead smoothly transitions into the body. As related to paint: A technique used to smoothly transition between two colors. The less perceptible the transition is, the better.

Nick - Roadster

Jared - VIP style

Davin - Lowrider

Jimmy - Road racing

Jeff - Lead sled

ta daa, Micheal Changed them, now I'm gonna give us till next tueday to buy,order, search for and find the stuff they need, so Tuesday November 2nd is the first day of Official building, I don't and won't have a end date until I figure out how where progressing with our builds.