Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #51 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

:( OK Harry, I'm CALLIN YA OUT! It's 9:41 DEEEEtroit time an Chi-Town ain't that far away! Don't do me like this Harry! I've been upsince 7:00 an I'ma waitin on ya Bud! a little shakey, but I'm out here, WAITING! :P ( Hit me, brother, HIT ME!!!!) :lol:

Hey, I'm just wakin' up! :lol:

Remember, I'm an hour behind Detroit... :lol:

Well, you guys were too smart on this one, it's REAL! Something about the car said "model" to me, but I guess most of you thought otherwise!

Next ROM coming MONDAY!

As I said before, to me it was easy.

The only model out there of a Caballero is an R & R resin that even Bill Geary or Juha Airio couldn't make look that good, and it's not the kind of subject one would expect a custom large-scale model of. My other method of research proved particularly easy as well :P

Still love the car...would love to build a model of it...I personally like the HT styling of the Caballero much better than the Nomad from the same era. But building an R & R requires a lot of R & R afterwards :(

;) AHA! got it down, Daddy-O! What gave it away for me was the shadow of the rear bumper on the ground. The gap between the bumper an the quarter panel is TOO real not to notice.Then I saw those 56 Packard tailights, an for some reason that clinched it for me. It's a BEAUTIFUL car, something I'd expect to see at the AutoRama. Just too cool!A GREAT JOB Harry! ;)

Wow, two in a row! ;)

Once again the bumper bolts, and particularly the tinted glass were giveaways------it fits almost too well if it were a model. :o

Yes R&R does a model of this one, but I ain't attemptin' it! ;)

I've got their '58 Olds Fiesta wagon-----that one's a lot better, but still needs work to make nice. Juha Airio did one years ago, and it's the nicest version I've seen yet of those '57-'58 hardtop wagons! He started I think with the R&R, but had to redo the chassis and interior, and of course the glass, because they are just soooooo bad! :blink:

Dcp01419-vi.jpg

Dcp01430-vi.jpg

Dcp01433-vi.jpg

Pics courtesy of Rik Hoving's Fotki..............

Caballero's are as scarce as hen's teeth these days.............a very classy wagon in it's day, especially in hardtop form!