Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #51 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Wow, two in a row! ;)

Once again the bumper bolts, and particularly the tinted glass were giveaways------it fits almost too well if it were a model. :o

Yes R&R does a model of this one, but I ain't attemptin' it! ;)

I've got their '58 Olds Fiesta wagon-----that one's a lot better, but still needs work to make nice. Juha Airio did one years ago, and it's the nicest version I've seen yet of those '57-'58 hardtop wagons! He started I think with the R&R, but had to redo the chassis and interior, and of course the glass, because they are just soooooo bad! :blink:

Dcp01419-vi.jpg

Dcp01430-vi.jpg

Dcp01433-vi.jpg

Pics courtesy of Rik Hoving's Fotki..............

Caballero's are as scarce as hen's teeth these days.............a very classy wagon in it's day, especially in hardtop form!

That's a great looking wagon, Bill. Very cool!

Saw that one at the Good Guys show in Pleasanton.

IMG_0087.jpg

I have to say this is one of the coolest customs I've ever seen. Just the right modifications, perfect color combo, nothing goofy, everything fits, workmanship looks top-notch, perfect stance/rolling stock, interesting subject matter...what a killer car!

I think I may have made one change... ;)

ROM51-1-1.jpg

Hey! That faster rake D pillar DOES look better!

I've always wondered if GM used the same rear roof sections from the '55-57 Nomad for their '57-'58 Olds and Buick four door wagons. Seems as though they use a similar flip up rear window section and rear curvature------just different ribbing on the roof section itself.

I can see the leading edge of the C pillar shape where the rear windows may have interchanged with the standard four door hardtops.........just graft on the rear roof section from the Nomad and you've got a NICE wagon!

?????? :lol:

It was open for voting all week long! Where were you?

harri started new school(high school 9th grade) so i could visit here. So didnt see it and couldnt vote. But i voted still even after it was finished :lol: So after one week i was able to come back for the weekend