Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #51 FINISHED!

What really caught my eye about this photo is the way it's laid out with the big ol' sedan in the background. Notice the styling similarities between the two cars - the swept fenders, the continuous curve along the top of the side glass, the slightly bulged-out trunk - that the photographer was trying to play up. This is NOT a hint, since the two cars may or may not have anything at all to do with each other (even though I DO know what both cars are... :P ). I just thought the layout was pretty cool.

Only if you want extra credit... :P

This game is alot more fun when there are multiple different answers found in books and on the net. Which one will be the correct one?

Here you go Thom...2 cars to guess...Harry's giving EXTRA CREDIT !

The car in the photo is 1954 BMW 502.

The car was introduced in 1951 as the 501 (6 cylinder) and a few years later became the 502 (8 cylinder). 501s and 502s looked pretty much alike on the outside (the chrome trim along the sides below the windows means 502).

Since the car was built for more than 10 years, and called different names along the way, I got a lot of different answers that could all be considered "right," I guess. Sort of. So a lot of people get credit, even though they weren't exactly right.

Chris R

mr moto

MikeMc

Badluck 13

MrObsessive

Johnny

62rebel

patami

carsntrucks4you

otherunicorn

trogdor

warra48