Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alclad / Tamiya Acrylic Paints....Question?

Hello to all... would someone Please tell me if i can Paint Tamiya Acrylic on top of Alclad "Aluminum" ( ALC 101 )..I wish to Paint the Engine Block & Heads and what hav-ya, with the Alclad, then would like to Detail with the Tamiya Acrylic's Paint..Thanks....

Don... I don't see a problem at all painting Acrylic over Lacquers. You make have some bite issues if you were shooting a Lacquer over an acrylic or enamal. you need to take a look at John Teresi's '49 Merc Convertable over in "On the Workbench". He shot the body with Alclad and then air brushed some tamiya clear red, blue and yellow. Its pretty neat and those tamiya paints should be acrylic. I know all of my bottled Tamiya paints are.

Buy yourself a box of cheap plastic spoons (white) and use them to experiment. It's a great investment and a heartache saver tool

"Wow" Great Idea...Thanks for the tip....come to think of it, i have heard of this....Thanks for the memory Re-Fresh...Cheers...