Model Cars Magazine Forum

D.O.H Charger (with a L.C.C twist)

Cool Hand

This build isnt anything special and didnt really put in much effort as I started with the MPC D.O.H kit,which is why I chose to build it as a curbside and use it for airbrush practice.

The body.

Paint base is H.O.K chrome yellow and molly orange highlights

Then that was over coated with intercoat clear with Pearl-ex 641 pumpkin orange mixed in.

Top coated with H.O.K UC-35 clear.

Interior colour is Tamiya XF-55 deck tan.

Wheels are Pegasus 1296 19" chrome DZ's.

outdoorfullsunlightg.jpg

outdoorfullsunlighth.jpg

DOHDodgeChargercompletedoutdoor5.jpg

DOHDodgeChargercompletedoutdoor4.jpg

outdoorfullsunlighti.jpg

DOHDodgeChargercompletedoutdoor7.jpg

outdoorfullsunlightf.jpg

DOHDodgeChargercompletedoutdoor8.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

Thanks for comments fella's.

Its good to know some of you die hard mopar fans approve too.

As some of you mentioned it is a low quality kit,so I tried my best to do something cool with it.

I love lowriders and have built a few curbsides (quick fun builds) in the past so I decided that would be the best way and style to build it.

To me any hard top coupe make great subjects to be built as lowriders.

What? No black? LOL. I love it, what a great color and build. Now, tell us, how did you get such steady lines on the body. My hands are too shakey these days to get such lines. Great job. Great pictures.

:lol: No black this time Doc.But have a couple in the works. ;)

The lines were done free hand,I put the body close to the edge of my spray table and rest/ran my hand and arm along the edge using it as guide to keep hands steady while spraying.

And I must thank you Doc for sharing info and helping me with how to apply and use pearl-ex.

The one to thank is Donn Yost, he's the culprit behind all this Pearl EX and enamel painting energy.

I tell you something, Luke, that is one beautiful model and if I lived anywhere near you I'd love to see it in person.

I just sent you a PM. Let me know. Best, DC

X2!

The Charger looks incredible done as a lowrider. The fact that this kit is pretty far from great to begin with makes the result even better!

Hey, Danno. This one really ISN'T another General Lee. B)

Amen!

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou

Did I say, ThankYouThankYouThankYou?

B)