Model Cars Magazine Forum

A (best left) forgotten Ferrari

Faust

You know, there are a lot of kits of weird cars out there, and those are the ones I like best. Sure, there are more stylish cars, but I like the things off the beaten path, so to speak. That’s why, if you told me I’d buy a Ferrari kit, I’d have laughed.

Well, look who’s laughing now! Check out my out of box review for the absolutely bizarre the Ferrari 308 GT Rainbow!. This is really proof that the 70’s were just really all about bad ideas.

rainbow-002.jpg?w=640

Fascinating...I'd seen pics of the 1:1, didn't know it was kitted. The kit seems to be inaccurate as far as some details like the side windows...

76bertone_ferrari_rainbow_11.jpg

The proportions of the body seem way off on the kit. The original is a striking, if not especially pretty, example of 70s Italian design. The kit doesn't do it justice.

Man, now that's some great reaction!

I see what you mean, jaymcminn about the proportionning. It is a bit off, and the MPC if far fuglier than the real thing. Of course, that's not saying much, since, the real think is some kind of cruel joke. I think it looks like a weird shoe mated with a doorstopper, myself.

Your'e right about the Death Race idea, Jantrix; as I said in my review, it would make an awesome flying car, too.