Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 70.5 ADRL Extreme Pro Mod Camaro Update: 6/4 addition of wheelie bar

Hi Everyone,

This is my first project post on the Model Car form, most of my stuff has been posed on the other Model Car forum, since I wasn't aware of this site.

I have a 1/25 scale 66 Nova project that I have been working on now... Off and On for over 2 years and having gotten past the fully custom tube chassis. Lost interest and was torn between a Full blown Pro Mod or a Pro Street, so I decided to push it to the side and start something new.

I know this isn't anything new as others are also working on some 1/16 scale Camaro's as well. So I hope no one minds me posting up my project. :)

Pro Mods seem to be the subject everyone is choosing these days, so here is my start to a 70.5 Camaro. Building my own custom Tube Chassis, and just finished the rear and part of the drivers cage. Need to work out the funny car cage and move to the front.

I just wrapped up the rear body mounts and the body mounts just above the trunk lid and even added the Frame gussets which look pretty cool even in bare aluminum. I still have plenty of work ahead of me just in the Chassis, but it is slowly coming together.

Here are two quick pics for you (I will try and get some better pics tomorrow)

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg.

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Bart.... Welcome Aboard here. and as others mention thanks for sharing with us. Also as Jeff mentioned this a great sight with a bunch of great people. I look forward to following this build and see the progress of it. Look forward to some more pics. That frame you going going Looks great and this build is off to a nice start.

Bart, that's one hellova entrance. :) And welcome. ;)

And yeah...if ProMods are the hot ticket, they're here in abundance mate. Can never have too many I reckon. :lol:

You're off to a cracking start on the chassis, looks superb. Appears to be fairly advanced in progress too....you better give us a look with body on-board. ;)

Another great thread bookmarked, I'll be tagging along on this journey.

Welcome to the Forum Bart!, totally agree, LOTS of Pro-Mods (can't go wrong there), I think because of the many different body styles is way there are so many. Don't think you have anything to worry about with "another" Camaro, the more the merrier! Can't wait to see more of your build!

• 2 weeks later...

First off I want to say, "Thank you All" for the kind words... and of course any feedback on accuracy.

I have a small update for everyone, been working on the 4 link mounts for the chassis and the rear end. Done up in aluminum and mounted up to the chassis.

After two day's of cutting/grinding/sanding and fitting they finally fit to my liking. The biggest headache was getting the width and the holes to line up when mounted. :) NOW my fingers tips are numb!!

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

badgass, brett... thanks for the complements! I is much appreciated, I was beginning to wonder how I was going to pull it off because it started out to be a pain in the you know what!

Bart, those brackets look great, How thick is the aluminum you used and where did you pick it up at?

Joe

Joe, I am using K&S sheet aluminum that is .032" thick which works out to be roughly a little over 1/2" thick. In 1:1 they are 1/4" thick but the .015" stuff is really flimsy so I bumped up the thickness. I have a local Hobby shop in in Kansas City called "Hobby Haven" and I think Hobby Lobby may have some back in the hobby section where the Pine Wood Derby and Rocket section is located.

Real nice job Bart what did you use t oshape the four link brackets?

John Pol

Thanks john for looking at my pain staking task that has caused me to have numb finger tips.. :D

To shape them was Dremel (cut off discs, sanding drums (course and fine grit), Jeweler's files, and sand paper) and A LOT of PATIENCE.... more than I wanted to put into it. LOL I think I spent over 10-12hrs on them in just cutting and shaping and checking hole alignment.