Model Cars Magazine Forum

General Lee vs Bandits T/A

martinfan5

Going to try and do a duel build here, after watching a few videos , one of them consisting of the Bandits T/A vs The General Lee

so that brings us to this thread, Using Revells Diecast to plastic Bandit kit, and the last issue of Revells 69 Charger kit, Marty provided me with with a set of wheels and decals for his favorite car.

I am going to be building the most accurate General Lee model ever :lol:
So far, this is all the pics I have for you, up first is trying to sand smooth the roof on the Charger
IMG_3711_zps3d88275a.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Few more pics, interior painted, I know , thinking wow, that was fast, well, I am working on another project, and I am doing that inteiror in the same color, and I was ready to paint that interior, so since got it out of the way

IMG_3752_zpsa80c0a57.jpg

The paint I used was gloss, hit with some dull clear , but I think I need to hit it one more time

And painted the chassis of the T/A, used a satin black, yes, I still need to remove the copyright date :lol:

IMG_3750_zps737b9d9f.jpg

And the interior piece in flat black for the time being

IMG_3748_zps8a5e4cad.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Good starts here! How long did it take to get the Revell Charger sanded smooth as far as that roof goes? I wanna build a G.L. with the Revell kit myself.

Did not take that long , maybe 20 minutes of sanding, if you want to save yourself the sanding, get the 68 kit, it has a smooth roof, but you will still need the 69 for the front and rear pieces

Did not take that long , maybe 20 minutes of sanding, if you want to save yourself the sanding, get the 68 kit, it has a smooth roof, but you will still need the 69 for the front and rear pieces

Right on, around me the 68 and 69s are avail. with coupons so maybe I'll grab some on Wed. on my off day thanks.

2 all time classics. Couldn't get enough of watching both growing up. This will be a fun one to watch come along. Good luck!

i agree.

i am still working on a General too...but,... yes...but i am working with the mpc new released kit. hardcore, not so easy to handle like the Revell. Thats planed next time...

i will watch your progress.

Bandit all shinnied up

IMG_3921_zps37cd7444.jpg

wheels done , gold base then went over the raised parts with a silver sharpie, also did a tire swap

IMG_3912_zpsdbe8f836.jpg

Working on getting the roll bar fitted

IMG_3919_zpsf3e65219.jpg

Bit of a mock and start of the gold strip decals

IMG_3932_zps7c0ac812.jpg

And that where I am at right now

Edited by martinfan5