Model Cars Magazine Forum

Allow myself to introduce ...myself...

Tory

Hello, I am new to this forum, though I've been around this hobby for what seems like forever. My name is Tory Mucaro and I have been an active model builder since I was 7 years old. At 52, that comprises about 45 years of sniffing glue and paint fumes, accumulating little boxes filled with injection molded plastic parts awaiting assembly and utilizing and even inventing every combination of swear words in the history of the hobby!

I am currently the model shop supervisor for Fisher Price Toys here in NYC. I have been a professional model maker for the last 35 years, having worked for such companies as Mego Toys, Buddy L and Tyco. I am actually a toy industry brat, my dad bringing me into the industry when I was just 17. However, my first and true love is plastic model kits. I build in almost every category, automotive, aircraft, figures, ships, sci-fi, pretty much everything but armor. I love to build in the path less traveled, and almost always have something humorous about my models.

Hope to share some fun projects with all of you, while enjoying your work and learning some tricks and techniques I am not aware of.

Tory

Hey Tom, yeah like a bad penny I turn up in the darndest places!

And yes, my dad did in fact work with Jim Keeler at Aurora. That would have been back around 1970-75-ish.

And thanks again to everyone for the very warm welcome I have received here. I'm likely to become a regular, you are all forewarned! Bwahahahah!!!!