Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Cars of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music

CorvairJim

what about the other version of "The Ride" ??

i dont know who its sung by but it was done right after we lost one of the greatest drivers of the NASCAR Cup Series!

and if you said "Dale Earnhardt Sr." well then you would be right on the money!

Dale, Sr. was, is, and always will be THE MAN! I don't cae what his detractors said about him, he never raced anyone any harder than he expected to be raced himself. He never cried when he crashed, unlike some current drivers. I don't like to name names, but the worst offenders surprisingly have the same initials as Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Juan Pablo Montoya, and Denny Hamlin!

Dale, Sr. was, is, and always will be THE MAN!

Dale would approve!! :D Long live the memory of the INTIMIDATOR!!!

HPIM1800.jpg

By the way, I have that song in my iTunes that I downloaded from the now gone file sharing site Limewire, and acorrding to the way it was listed, the song was done by Toby Keith. I might just have to make a video using some pics of my diecast collection and other pics I have of Dale and make a YouTube video sometime in the very near future! :D

Rob, I really like where you're going with your "Flatbed Ford"! One of the best things about it from where I sit is that it's nothing like I envisioned it. To me, it was always a mid-60's F-200 with faded white over red two-tone paint, a wooden push bumper, clearance lights on the roof, and a dog sticking it's head out the window. About the only things the two had in common were the dual rear wheels, the trailer hitch, and the business advertisement on the doors. It's models like yours that I had in miond when I came up with the idea for this CBP.

Thanks Jim. Honestly this build as it sits was next on my dance card anyway. It just happens that it fits in this CBP as the flatbed in "Take it Easy" is open to interpretation. I suppose something from the 60's would fit the song better but this is what I had planned, and I'll roll with it. The girl (my Lord) in the flatbed Ford just happens to be a traditional hot rod girl. Who knew? :D

Dale would approve!! :rolleyes: Long live the memory of the INTIMIDATOR!!!

HPIM1800.jpg

By the way, I have that song in my iTunes that I downloaded from the now gone file sharing site Limewire, and acorrding to the way it was listed, the song was done by Toby Keith. I might just have to make a video using some pics of my diecast collection and other pics I have of Dale and make a YouTube video sometime in the very near future! :blink:

actually i dont think it was done by toby keith it just doesnt sound like him at all in it!

i may try to dig something up here after bit and see who actually does it!

i have that same song from the same used to be site!

got it from a friend that had it!

actually i dont think it was done by toby keith it just doesnt sound like him at all in it!

i may try to dig something up here after bit and see who actually does it!

i have that same song from the same used to be site!

got it from a friend that had it!

Yeah, like I said I wasn't sure, that was just how it was listed when I downloaded it, so who knows! :lol::mellow::lol:

Sean: Dale would certainly approve of your memorial display... and so do I.

PSSSST Jim, that was my pic, Sean just quoted it! :D:P

I was looking through YouTube trying to figure out who actually sang "The Ride" for the Earnhardt tribute and still not sure, even though I found a couple Tim McGraw videos of the regular version. Anyway, I found this good video of the Earnhardt version, and since Friday would have been his birthday, a little tribute to the legend.

I was looking through YouTube trying to figure out who actually sang "The Ride" for the Earnhardt tribute and still not sure, even though I found a couple Tim McGraw videos of the regular version. Anyway, I found this good video of the Earnhardt version, and since Friday would have been his birthday, a little tribute to the legend.

wow when that first riff hit chills just went up my spine!

i and im sure of most everyone that watched that final race remembers it like yesterday!

it sounds like to me it might be a guy named "Tim Wilson"!

id hate to speak ill of a great driver but i cant help but wonder what would have become of his legend if he had died an old men in his bed

as far as im concernced he is still the second or third best nascar driver who ever raced though

i know that hes at least second to the king richard petty! but the other driver you say is even better would that be cale yarbrough?

PLEASE DONT TELL ME "JEFF GORDON"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i know that hes at least second to the king richard petty! but the other driver you say is even better would that be cale yarbrough?

PLEASE DONT TELL ME "JEFF GORDON"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

im pretty sure if i were to buy my son a nascar he could run circles around jeff gordon...and hes only 14...months :lol:

no, i was thinking jimmy johnson

he is carving out quite a legacy and may still have many good years ahead if him (but right now, its a toss up between the two)

and yes, richard petty tops the list (and not just cos he drove a mopar :lol: )

(i was temted to throw in dick trickle just because of the awesomeness of his name but decided not to mention him)

Kevin: You're in with the hearse... I gotta agree with Rob: That was one SERIOUSLY funny video! I built a similar model about 5 years ago because my younger brother is into hearses. Either version of the "Ecto 1" (AMT or Polar Lights) would be a great starting point. I found the P.L. to be kind of crude because 1) it's a curbside and 2), the grille detail isn't as good as I'd want for a show-quality build. Check out this photo of a 1:1 '59 Caddy Hearse, taken from the filming of the movie "Harold & Maude" This is the car I based my model on:

HMpalto.jpg

I woluldn't be surprised if it was this car that the animators of the video used as well. This is how my model turned out. I call her "Elvira":

59CadillacHearse2.jpg

59CadillacHearse1.jpg

Edited by CorvairJim

Kevin that was seriously funny. Go for it.

you dont know how hard it was to find that video lol

Kevin: You're in with the hearse... I gotta agree with Rob: That was one SERIOUSLY funny video! I built a similar model about 5 years ago because my younger brother is into hearses. Either version of the "Ecto 1" (AMT or Polar Lights) would be a great starting point. I found the P.L. to be kind of crude because 1) it's a curbside and 2), the grille detail isn't as good as I'd want for a show-quality build. Check out this photo of a 1:1 '59 Caddy Hearse, taken from the filming of the movie "Harold & Maude" This is the car I based my model on:

HMpalto.jpg

I woluldn't be surprised if it was this car that the animators of the video used as well. This is how my model turned out. I call her "Elvira":

59CadillacHearse2.jpg

59CadillacHearse1.jpg

sweet i'll get started with my ecto 1a kit tomorrow then

ps the build looks sweet bro

you dont know how hard it was to find that video lol

sweet i'll get started with my ecto 1a kit tomorrow then

ps the build looks sweet bro

Thanks for the props, Kevin! I just had to play with the ride height a little and slap on those Cragars, just to be different. I've never been one to leave well enough alone! I'm still thinking about making up a set of the world's longest Lakes Pipes for it... B)

Id like to give this a try but does the build have to be 1:25 or 1:24 scale? For the song I was thinking about my best bet would be to go with a 1:64 truck I have and then change it up. Would that be acceptable?

Go for it, buddy! As far as I'm concerned, as long as you didn't buy the basic "kit" at the local used car dealership and have to sign the title, it qualifies! :lol:

so when someone mentioned "the vehicles from ides of march" i started thinking...there aint no vehicles in that song...better yet, there aint no lyrics to it PERIOD

"Vehicle" is a great song; one of my favorites.

To build a car to represent that, it begs to use something like one of these:

1965 Lincoln with one of Missing Link's outstanding resin sedan bodies.

A Jo-Han Cadillac 4-door.

A Modelhaus Cadillac, Buick or Olds from the early 1960s, or 1962 Chrysler Newport.

Charlie Larkin

"Vehicle" is a great song; one of my favorites.

To build a car to represent that, it begs to use something like one of these:

1965 Lincoln with one of Missing Link's outstanding resin sedan bodies.

A Jo-Han Cadillac 4-door.

A Modelhaus Cadillac, Buick or Olds from the early 1960s, or 1962 Chrysler Newport.

Charlie Larkin

My thoughts exactly: Something vaguely menacing, very shiny, and VERY dark windows. If the builder wanted to update the theme, how about a Chrysler 300? My other thought would be the old AMT '70 Ford Custom 500, but fully blacked out, bootlegger-style. I have to agree with your basic premise though - Early to mid 1960's, and mid-to-high line.

Thanks! In that case im in the mood for a

"2 stack Mack with a bunk in the back"

"And shes chrome from head to toe"

"She's got a Screamin cat that wont hold back"

I'll post pics of what im starting with tonight. B)

hey who is that singing it?

great new song i just heard?