Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Lowrider Tour

wgflatliner

I began tonight to open up the grille while sitting with the family and watching a movie. I also added a few structural supports to the frame a couple of days ago. So I have been slowly making progress as and will have some pics to post tomorrow. I spent an hour today looking at photos online of online 6's in lowriders to see how I want to detail mine. I think I am going to go with a dual carb setup. It amazes me that I have not found ONE photo of a lowrider 41 Chevy pickup. Got any?

Later-

• 1 month later...

I've been busy for the last month studying for a couple of tests for a new position at work. I still have managed to get some small updates done.

I made some fender skirts but still need to build them up for a bit of curve.

IMG_20130722_114358.jpg

I also finished off the rear of the frame to create a mount for the bumper mounts.

IMG_20130722_114745.jpg

I still have to finish opening up the grille that I started before the month of studying.

IMG_20130722_115043.jpg

BTW- My boss just walked in and offered me the new position!!!!! Things are looking up.

Now back to finishing the grille.

Later-

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys ...... :D ....Hope its not too late to join in, not been on here for a bit.... For those of you that saw my Monte Carlo build last year its now complete, and ive started my next one, a 64 Impala, which will be getting the full fur n` mirror insides.... B) ... So heres some pics, and good to see some cool lolo`s coming along on here....Lowlife ! !

My Monte Carlo Showcar......... :D ....

300620132490_zps1550712e.jpg

300620132492_zps53856d6c.jpg

300620132505_zps879767f1.jpg

300620132488_zps89d65dff.jpg

300620132480_zps1f134dc7.jpg

300620132467_zps425b14ab.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's good to see new life on this CBP. Welcome. I've gotten a bit of progress done on my 41 Chevy pickup. I am surprised and disappointed that I have not been able to find any pictures of 41 Chevy lowrider pickups.

Anywho, I got some fenderskirts made from successively smaller pieces of flat styrene and putty to get that nice curved shape.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

I also got some time tonight after priming my 50 Ford sedan to make a front bumper for this that is more fitting of a lowrider. I added a guard and some driving lights that I will be giving some yellow lenses. I got some of the chrome engine parts from the Galaxie 48 Chevy kit from a good friend to liven up the engine bay. This thing will now be triple carbed.

I still need to finish cleaning up the opening of the grille bars. I have been saving that job as filler for when I am sitting and doing nothing else.

IMAG0022.jpg

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr