Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '50 Oldsmobile Club Coupe 2'n1

From what my "Hobby town" connection told me, The new 50 olds 2nd production of kits is already spoken for "so to speak" and he told me If you find one you had better grab it while you can. No telling when the 3rd production will hit the shelves as their share is not promised. Not that I am trying to start a panic but a heads up ... If you see it & want it you know the drill.

From what my "Hobby town" connection told me, The new 50 olds 2nd production of kits is already spoken for "so to speak" and he told me If you find one you had better grab it while you can. No telling when the 3rd production will hit the shelves as their share is not promised. Not that I am trying to start a panic but a heads up ... If you see it & want it you know the drill.

Try to order one from a central Michigan hobby shop- these kits seem to be gathering dust in my area. Not sure why- I bought two and it's a great little kit.

• 5 weeks later...

Have just heard from an after market supplier that Revell has offered replacement pad printed whitewall tires at no charge for the 50 Olds kit.

Just wondering if anybody else has heard anything about this, if so how would one go about getting them.

Could be they are thinking ahead to a Goodguys or California Wheels-type release in the future, and will tool up suspension pieces specific to those. Or (long shot) they're considering more '49-'52 GM vehicles, and are tooling parts that could be used on any GM vehicle of the period on their own sprues.

I agree with this post. A lot of their kits lately share parts with other kits. Those same suspension pieces could be used to make an all new 39-41 Chevy car kit or even a 'Tin Woody' Chevy or Olds wagon!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

'Preciate that, Bill, and that's right - the tampo whites are a notably narrower pattern than the decals.

Here one sits to the left of a tire I airbrushed thru a compass-cut card stock stencil:

IMGP1946-vi.jpg

I used white Duplicolor vinyl dye to absorb the flexing of getting the wheel in, but I suspect a hobby-grade acrylic white might also be able to cut it.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

I've posted that the dye worked on the vinyl interior stuff in the newer AMT kits,& if you have a automotive paint store that handles SEM products they have a pretty good selection of colors in over the counter sprays, & can mix it in any color you might need in a formula that's all ready to spray & works well in an airbrush, & it works well on plastic if built up in light coats, unless it's a part that is supposed to be vinyl or leather. Then the heavier coats will work fine.