Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped '38 Ford pickup: Bump June 4, 2022

On 2/1/2022 at 10:38 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

Thank you very much for your response. I happen to have a few of the 40 cabs floating around, so I may go that route. Although, i do detest the opening doors on that cab so maybe the 37 would be better. 

It just depends on how much work you want to do, and how accurate you really want to get.

The opening doors on the '40 can be glued shut, of course, and they actually fit pretty well, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. But the firewall's wrong.

There's obviously a fair bit of forward-cab modification necessary to get the '37 truck cab to fairly accurately represent the '38. 

But another thing I've been looking at from time to time is using the '37 CAR (Monogram 1/24 kit) firewall and forward cab ahead of the doors, grafted to the '40 pickup cab.

I'm generally pleased with the way the build looks now from a proportion standpoint, but there are several ways to skin this particular cat.

• Ace-Garageguy changed the title to Chopped '38 Ford pickup: Bump June 4, 2022