Model Cars Magazine Forum

jungles red monza

brett

First, LOVE the color. Nicely laid down.

Tip. To avoid molded in belts taking a dark tone due to the seat color I paint them first. That way I'm assured of a rich color and coverage. I then paint the seat. It's easier to creep up on the belt line that way than try to get the paint downn along the edge of the belt to help it have depth.

Looking good Brett.

Bob

Thanks guys :P,

Bob, usually thats what I do as well but I just couldn't see the edges of the belts particularly well this time, did another coat of red today,they came up quite well.

Paul, Done that Wayne (1320) pointed it out to me earlier :D.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare set of decals for this do they ? Mine had a little damage on the tips of the flames on one side but otherwise looked alright, scanned them tested a piece of the logo which was good, soaked the front/hood and it half fell apart. Don't have and cant get white decal paper at the moment (nobody seems to have it in stock). Did a test print but it doesn't look to hot imo. Cheers Brett

First. Love the car! Monza is very good looking, it's just sad that it's quite rare car, as Skyhawk and Starfire... But that colour looks very very good on it, detailing looks very nice and this is very interesting project. Keep it going!

Thanks Niko ;) , got it pretty much done except for decals which Slixx are listing as coming soon soon, so I'll leave you with these pics till then

jjmonza14.jpg

jjmonza13.jpg

jjmonza11.jpg

jjmonza9.jpg

really should have stripped that fire extinguisher , seam lined up nicely in mock up but once it was around that shaft with glue on it :)

Edited by brett

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking so far, Bret.

Here's what I do for the fire extinguisher on the steering column. Glue it together first,

then you can file the seem and paint it before you slide the column into the brackets.

Good job on the windshield trim too. That's something I hate doing....... ;)

Hope Slixx will get those decals out soon, too.