Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 300C

daveparker

My other work in progress is this '57 300C. I had this crazy idea that it would be cool to give it a modern muscle twist since I had this Viper motor lying around. Anyway I am just getting to the fitment stage of this build after spending a lot of time on body work and paint. The engine just squeezes in there and the only thing left is finishing a down pipe from the V10 headers to the 300C exhaust, well there's more I am sure! Also, I got a Photobucket so hopefully my posts will work better. Thanks for looking!

P1180287_zps59796baf.jpg

P1180285_zps5d6fd4dd.jpg

Ruben, my buddy from Lodi! Thanks man, it's finally coming together I think. I have a few hurdles to clear but I think I will make it in time for the contest thing. I have been lurking and reading here as well, so many talented builders and great cars, I really like this forum a lot so I had to just jump in and get involved. I heard there is some sort of model show in Stockton this weekend, is that the car show\swap thing at the fairgrounds? Have you heard of this?

Yeah man she is coming along nice, that color is outstanding! I spent a good few weeks just looking at everyones builds saying to myself, "Man its to step my builds up"! I'm just blown away by the caliber of some the builders here. Yeah its this Sunday at the Stockton Fairgrounds, it is the Car show/Swap Meet. Its going to be held from 6am to 3pm. Gates are opening for sellers at 5am, admission is $5 kids 12 & under are free. They're gonna have a huge model show from builder Bob Carrol. It should be a good show. I'm trying to get things situated over so I can make it out. I missed the last couple shows so I want to make this one for sure.

Dave, love the color and the shine. I have fallen in love with enamel paint all over again. We have only one person to blame for that, and he knows who he is! LOL.

I really want to see this one done and see more pictures of it over in the UNDER GLASS section. Keep it going.

I had to re-position the engine in the frame, it was crooked, and then I had to file down the exhaust manifolds to get them to fit. They are now painted and installed and the frame is attached to the floor pan. I also got the glass installed as well. Here are a couple of photos. I have a drive shaft that I created out of tubing that is ready to install and I have a set of wheels and tires that I finally decided on that are ready to install also. Hopefully I can get that done tonight and begin final assembly. This is my entry for the Autism Awareness Model Car Contest that is going on over on YouTube. I'm not normally a contest guy but I wanted to show my support for my friend J.C. Cline and other families touched by Autism.

P1180301_zps21d88233.jpg

Here is the underside of the beast. Yes the floor pan is yellow and the frame is burgundy red. I can't explain the color choices, sorry! lol

P1180305_zps31e83db9.jpg

Another shot of the body. I removed the door handles and all the badging including the long side trim the extends all the way nack into the wing portion of the rear panels. I like a clean body and I can't stand BMF a problem I think I will need to overcome someday. (or so I'm told!)

P1180309_zpsc2b568a8.jpg

P1180311_zpse9bc62fc.jpg

Thanks for looking and stuff, I'll post more pics as I get it up on wheels and get some chrome installed ect. Take care. -dp