Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 352 Wrecker

Terry this project is very inspiring. Keep at , your almost to home plate.

Have you ever used Tamiya tape ? I have found it is very forgiving and used a lot on iffy stuff.

I havent, but the airplane guys in my club use it. Part of my problem on this truck was that I used a different brand of paint(white) and primer, than usual and it didnt grab too well. I learned my lesson to just wait until I have time to get the right stuff. This build has been put off to the side while Im finishing the Brockway build. This truck still has too many things left to do to make it to the show on the 20th, so Im just focusing on the Brockway. Right after the show Ill get back on it.

looking good man!

try some frog tape for delicate surfaces [it's yellow], someone on the board here suggested it, and I have used it with great results. I also use the Tamiya tape for thin lines, also works great.

I also use the yellow Frog tape...works great. I wet the edges with water to seal it to prevent bleed-through. Here's a topic with info on this: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40842

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terry,

Looks like you've come a long way in your modeling skills since I met you a few years ago. I like what I have seen of your builds here in this Forum.

Oh a suggestion. If you are going to invest in a lathe and or a mill. Do not go to Harbor Freight. There is better stuff available out there

Be Well

Gator

• 2 weeks later...

Terry,

Looks like you've come a long way in your modeling skills since I met you a few years ago. I like what I have seen of your builds here in this Forum.

Oh a suggestion. If you are going to invest in a lathe and or a mill. Do not go to Harbor Freight. There is better stuff available out there

Be Well

Gator

I head ya loud and clear Gator, I wont even buy screwdrivers from that place. Everything Ive ever gotten from them was junk. I have an old WWII era lathe thats got too much runout to hold any kind of tolerance, but its good enough for hobby stuff. Its by far my heaviest modeling tool.