Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Cord 812 Supercharged Westchester Sedan

Dr Plastic

That is a truly beautiful model Scott. I can see that you put a lot of research into this one. If I'm not mistaken the Cord 812 was one of the first front-wheel-drive cars made.

I have the Monogram kit in my stash, waiting to be built some day. I thought it would make a good Hot Rod, but looking at your one - I think I'll build it stock.

Thanks for sharing your pic's with us - it looks great!

A spectacular piece of work, gorgeous from any angle. I believe the resin body was created by our fellow member, Art Anderson, who did a wonderful job with it. The Monogram kit is not a 2-seater Sportsman but a Phaeton with a back seat, and I just received this 1965 kit yesterday, which I will use as reference for converting the AMT 1/12 Sportsman into a phaeton. The details on the 1/24 kit are so tiny, I don't know how anyone can finish it properly.

I thought the body looked familiar---NICE WORK!

Art

I am going to copy pics of this for reference . I am building a Cord Phaeton , Cord Convertable (no back seat) from the Dreaded Trio . A '36 Indy (Pace) Official Car + a Humpback Sedan , and Slopeback Sedan from AAM conversions . Monogram's kits as donars or as it were ; raw material . You could sat , I like Cords . I need some chassis shots for exhaust routing ect. I cannot view Videos on Mon'suer 'Puter . Any suggestions for a source for this info ? The Monogram kits are buried in the Archives . All three are inaccessable in other words . The Phaeton is in Finish Coat . You created a Beauty . A tirbute to the 1:1 . Thanx ..

• 1 month later...

Well I took the Cord 812 to it's first show, The 21st annual Tidewater Automotive Society's (TAMS) Model car and Truck contest in Norfolk, Virginia and it won First place in the Factory Stock, '59 and older class, Most Popular Model and Best In Show.

And deserved every bit of it! Congratulations!

Charlie Larkin