Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1998 Chevy S-10 (Brazilian built)

Wow! Very nice. And very fun to see. I am a little disappointed that in your case Tulio, it's not a Ford truck of some sort. I'm more of a GM guy, so I enjoyed see it. I love vehicles like this, that are just slightly different from what we have here in U.S.

By the way, the dogs in the background. Are they barking in Portuguese? Because they don't sound that much different from dogs around here. :)

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Thanks for the comments guys!!

Yes, the Isuzu used the design GM developed to Brazilian and Russian markets. Our S10 was launched in October 1994 as a 1995 model and the Isuzu Hombre only arrived as a 1996 model.

Some parts of the Isuzu truck, like the bed and front sheetmetal were manufactured in Brazil.

Wow! Very nice. And very fun to see. I am a little disappointed that in your case Tulio, it's not a Ford truck of some sort. I'm more of a GM guy, so I enjoyed see it. I love vehicles like this, that are just slightly different from what we have here in U.S.

By the way, the dogs in the background. Are they barking in Portuguese? Because they don't sound that much different from dogs around here. :)

Scott

Cool!!!

Yes, the dogs are barking in Portuguese. They are saying "we are ruining your video moron"

When I say I like Chevrolet too, people don't believe it!! I just happen to like Fords a little more.

MY Galaxies:

Wow! Very nice Fords. I especially like the looks of the '74. I noticed that car is powered by a 292? Is that a Y-block? And what about the '82 Landau? What engine is in that? I know it's not a Y-block. Interesting, the use of the Lincoln style star hood ornament and the Lincoln wheel covers on the Landau. I also really like to interior of '82. Beautiful. Very classy.

And again back to the dogs. I've determined that all the dogs around here are barking in Portuguese too. And with the proper accent. Because they sound exactly like the dogs in Brazil. Several of them have the same attitude too. I didn't know our dogs around here were so talented! Or rude. :)

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Wow! Very nice Fords. I especially like the looks of the '74. I noticed that car is powered by a 292? Is that a Y-block? And what about the '82 Landau? What engine is in that? I know it's not a Y-block. Interesting, the use of the Lincoln style star hood ornament and the Lincoln wheel covers on the Landau. I also really like to interior of '82. Beautiful. Very classy.

And again back to the dogs. I've determined that all the dogs around here are barking in Portuguese too. And with the proper accent. Because they sound exactly like the dogs in Brazil. Several of them have the same attitude too. I didn't know our dogs around here were so talented! Or rude. :)

Scott

I think my cats meow in English.

I don't have dogs, have seven cats. My neighbors are crazy about dogs, and I guess they smell the cats in me. I can't make a video outside without dogs barking... In Portuguese:D

Yes, my '74 has a 292 Y. It's the factory engine, but it's not all stock. It has s Isky cam, it's bored 0.040 over, and has a four barrel carburetor. Our Galaxies here were Y-Block powered from 1967 to 1975. In 1976, they changed the front and rear end design and also replaced the Y with the 302 Windsor. The same engine Ford was using on our Mavericks since 1973.The use of Lincoln wheel covers and hood ornament were a try by Ford to make the car to remember the Lincoln. The Landau was it's top of the line here, and importing cars were ilegal at the time.

My '82 is a unrestored car, with factory paint. The engine is a 302 Windsor. Transmission is a C-4 auto.

If you look closely to the '82 Galaxie, it's possible to notice it's a '66 Galaxie with some body mods. Frame and suspension parts will interchange with a U.S. built 1966 Galaxie.

Yeh, I noticed the overall lines of both cars and dash boards give away their origins. And that's one of the things that make them cool to us who grew up with the old '66 Fords here in the U.S. There are several cars like that, were the dies were shipped to South America. And built for years, sometimes with modifications, that make them slightly different from what we had. Its fun to see these cars and their variations. Thanks for sharing all three vehicles with us.

As far as cats go. I too have a cat. And we all know they are totally evil and can speak in many different tongues if they wish to. But, their ultimate plans for taking over the world will not allow them to let us ever to know what they really know or can do. Don't trust them. I'm sure your seven are manipulating the dogs around you to ruin you videos. They have that power, you know. :)

Scott