Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Modena competition

Plasticfanatic

The 360 is also a conversion using the stock Tamiya kit, I fabricate the front airdam and made wider the front wheel openings to acomodate the biger racing tires. I am still waiting for my set of correct racing wheels used on this car, until then this one will do. The roll cage was made from styrene and the back spoiler was heat formed on a piece of copper tubing,sanded and end plates fabricated as well as the support brackets. I am going to make the car in the racing team colors/decals shown, the diference is that the car I am making had the new racing airdam in unpainted form(exposed carbon fiber)....I really like the look of it!!

Hope you like it.

Fred

Edited by Plasticfanatic

This is my kind of 360... :lol: PAINT IT BLUE!!! :lol:

Yes, you are 100% correct is a Ferrari 360....may be the glue fumes are getting to me!!!!....mmmmm...BLUE color....the only blue modern Ferrari I am planing to do is the Pilot F40 race car.....I love the color/markings in this car!!.....of course after I finish the 0123 Art Sport IMSA F40 I am working on now.

But again there is the 365 Daytona in blue,white and red racing colors......that one is fantastic!!....have my Fujimi 1/24 old "enthusiast series" coupe wainting for that conversion.

Fred

Yes, you are 100% correct is a Ferrari 360....may be the glue fumes are getting to me!!!!....mmmmm...BLUE color....the only blue modern Ferrari I am planing to do is the Pilot F40 race car.....I love the color/markings in this car!!.....of course after I finish the 0123 Art Sport IMSA F40 I am working on now.

But again there is the 365 Daytona in blue,white and red racing colors......that one is fantastic!!....have my Fujimi 1/24 old "enthusiast series" coupe wainting for that conversion.

Fred

:lol:

Do you think you could come over to the NNL East? :lol: If you can't tell I don't know if you did, did you know I like Ferrari's? and the F40? :lol:

Fred, absolutely great scratch work! I look forward to your end product.

Where did you find the slicks? I'm working on a F430 Challenge car and so far have been very disappointed with Fujimi.

Wrong body, wrong tires, and the list goes on. I've been modifying a lot of it as well. I'm just not sure where to get the slicks though.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Chris

Fred, absolutely great scratch work! I look forward to your end product.

Where did you find the slicks? I'm working on a F430 Challenge car and so far have been very disappointed with Fujimi.

Wrong body, wrong tires, and the list goes on. I've been modifying a lot of it as well. I'm just not sure where to get the slicks though.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for the compliment on this project, still quite some work and refinement to do to the body.

I know what you mean about Fujimi inacurate "race car series" I am also working in a conversion of the RAIN-X competition Lamborghini Countach raced at the Japanese circuit, Fujimi came out with a "model" of this car....in reality a regular street Countach with the RAIN-X decals.....NOT a single modification to the body,wheels or tires to represent the real race car!!! for that reason I choose to modified a regular street version to the racing model, that one I found at e-bay for $8.00......the Fujimi "special edition racing Countach" can go from $35 to $70!!!!......and the only thing you can use are the decals(which I still looking for as a separate piece)

The tires I used in the 360 are from a Tamiya Porsche GT1, some times you can get this kit parts at e-bay as single pieces or "part groups" for a very good price.

Fred

:blink:

Do you think you could come over to the NNL East? :blink: If you can't tell I don't know if you did, did you know I like Ferrari's? and the F40? :lol:

Hello Nick,

Wish I could do the trip!!! You like Ferraris....I would never imagine it!! :lol:

The best thing about Ferraris is that they look spectacular in street form but ever more in racing trim.....a little secret...I have in the "make up your mind" corner of my workbench a Ferrari 250 California, which I wanted first to do a street version BUT since some time I have been thinking about doing a NART pure racing version, even have the decals for it, but again can make up my mind on this one, it looks sooooooooo good in street as well as racing...mmmmm..what to do!!

Fred