Model Cars Magazine Forum

POCHER 1/8 Aventador

I will probably buy it... but I want to see the actual kit first, either in person or an online review. But the photos I've seen so far look very promising! And of course it's great to have Pocher back. I hope this kit is the first of many more to come.

http://www.scaleautoworks.com/ I've signed up for this beast...anybody else?..I think... I'll also wait for a transkit to detail this baby up. It comes in Orange or White...but I think I'll repaint matt black! http://vellanowheels.com/m/viewmodel.php?style=VKK_c&brand=Lamborghini&url=lp700_2

I saw one on the street a few weeks ago, in matte/satin black. Very impressive, and about as mean-looking as a car can get. Quite a Batmobile flavor to it.

Edited by sjordan2

I think I am also going to HAVE TO have one of these! Nice to see some modern subject matter this big; as for me; I will get a white one, regardless of factory finish, it's gonna get repainted. once I have one, I will decide the new color....but probably something wild............Matt

As much as I would like one I lack said funds to purchase that kit. You could almost buy a real car for that kinda cash,not a good one,but a car. Now I am looking forward to seeing one of these refinished. Matt once you get yours and finish it I do want to see some pics of it.

As much as I would like one I lack said funds to purchase that kit. You could almost buy a real car for that kinda cash,not a good one,but a car. Now I am looking forward to seeing one of these refinished. Matt once you get yours and finish it I do want to see some pics of it.

You do realize it'll be a long wait, right? This thing isn't going to be available until the fall.

I really like the matt black (Nero Nemesis Matt Finish)...its a $14,000 upgrade on the real car. I hope a transkit will follow soon after the kits release....I should probably start saving for that too

I can almost guarantee there will be transkits and upgrades. There are for all other Pocher kits, this one should be no exception... although it may take a while for them to start to appear in the marketplace.

they say a typical modeller spends about $50 every 2 weeks....on model related products. I figured by the time the kit arrives...i should have it paid for....i look at it as a piece of art which appreciates in value....my car costs about 30k....and its starting to be a money pit...so a car for $850????.....you could probably get 4 of these before you get that 1:1 certified, insured, emission tested, painted, tinted, rims and tires, stereo....etc...etc...etc...

Better yet buy 4 of these...build them....sell them for $1500 each and buy a better beater....

Edited by samurai7

Price is iffy. I need to be convinced that the detail is more the "classic" kit style than the "F40" style screw it together on several intense nights.....

joe.

Its looking pretty good from the online pics and the online brochure....I'm sure if a transkit comes out...It will address any areas of concern. I'm sure there are those who will putty and repaint everything anyway. And from a collectors point...this being their first comeback car...surely there is some value in that.

• 1 month later...

Through the Pocher site I found the Canadian distributor, gave them a call and they refused to talk to me.

So I called my LHS, and had them call the distributor.

He said that the distributor (Kroeger) is bringing them in on an "as ordered" basis, so my LHS took my deposit and pre-ordered one from Kroeger.

$400 bones (essentially 50%) is a lot to put down on a sight unseen unassembled model though.. I had to think for a while before I gave him the green light.

Through the Pocher site I found the Canadian distributor, gave them a call and they refused to talk to me.

So I called my LHS, and had them call the distributor.

He said that the distributor (Kroeger) is bringing them in on an "as ordered" basis, so my LHS took my deposit and pre-ordered one from Kroeger.

$400 bones (essentially 50%) is a lot to put down on a sight unseen unassembled model though.. I had to think for a while before I gave him the green light.

Thats crazy....thats alot of money up front...Is your LHS charging you for the shipping aswell? Is there a markup too?..I know of 1 store in Scarborough Ontario pricing them from $799 CN...Ill find the link...and see what their conditions are.

Looks a nice kit. As Hornby are the holding company for Airfix maybe they will have tooled up the plastic bits for this new model. At least they should fit properly, unlike the old Pocher kits. It will be selling at about £500.00 in the UK I am led to believe. Given that the 1/24th scale Tamiya kit for the Aston Martin UK price is £45.00 or more sort of puts it into perspective about the relative value for money for each kit. Having said that, although the new Pocher kit represents fantastic good value for money purely as a big complex kit, but it will still be perceived as expensive. It really comes down to how much disposable income any modeller has to spend. There are many multi medium kits on the market aimed at experienced (and wealthy) car modellers that are very expensive by comparison. e.g. A 1/24th scale kit of the Nissan Le Mans car dubbed the 'Batmobile' retails at about £150.00 here in the UK because they are limited run kits.