Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Hello…….thanks guy for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them……..on the way to the NNL West show yesterday……..Art Laski,Paul Cadwell and I stopped at a Hobby shop in Gilroy……and I picked up this giant canopy used for a huge airplane…….and I really think I can make it work for my Garlit`s body……..I will have to modify it …….but,I think it will work?……..If it does`nt then I will have to go back to the drawing board…….But,I have confidence in myself………thanks for looking.

DSCF9570_zps34141b5a.jpg

DSCF9572_zpsdbe28aa9.jpg

John... Awesome score on the airplane canopy. How funny you guys went to Gilroy hobbies. I always try to go there when I am home. Gilroy hobbies used to be a skating rink and I use dot go there during high school....lol it's great to see you back on this project. Nice work brother!

The only bad part about using that clear canopy is that it doesn't show up very well in the pics. Kinda reminds me of the old Wonder Woman invisible jet when the show was on TV when I was a kid. LOL

I’m fairly sure, the body finally will be painted.

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ………I got another good jump on the body today……a quick note……this body will not be exact but,it will be close enough for what I had to work with…….I will work on the canopy tomorrow…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9587_zps94b4bc74.jpg

DSCF9600_zpsa8e53e18.jpg

DSCF9607_zps0ec224c9.jpg

DSCF9592_zps2f6f4691.jpg

DSCF9596_zps10d37f6a.jpg