Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your 65 lincoln continentals

72 Charger

Ok so Ive just got a 65 cony and ive heard that the interior is wrong so could anyony help ? and is there any other falts with the kit ?

Ps if this is in the wrong place could the powers that be move it for me Thanks :)

Edited by Doobie

I'm convinced that the two halves of the engine block/tranny were designed by different people. I spent a lot of time with my files trying to get them to even line up correctly. This kit doesn't offer much in the way of detail, so you'll have to do like Al did (above post) and make the most of what's there.

This one is mine '65 Continental.

It's a old build, and it's all box stock.

6105207594_96f8725e49_z.jpg
1965 Lincoln Continental by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

6104660919_9f188f4281_z.jpg

6104661495_26d353913c_z.jpg

6105208240_37308ff9c1_z.jpg

6105208712_020485e5ab_z.jpg

Tulio thats very nice is it metalic black or is it dust ?.I think that I will have to do somthing with the headlights I dont like the the molded in lenses !

For the headlights that are molded in, I put a drop of Elmers glue or any white glue on each light and let it dry. It makes a nice lense look when it dries.

I prefer replica stock builds the majority of the time, but I keep hoping Steve Millberry will see this and pop in. If memory serves, he's got one or two old Lincolns of this vintage (+/- a year or so) and they may give you some ideas for creating a very tasteful custom, if you decide to go that way.

Edited by Monty

Tulio, where did you source the paint? I'd like to spray mint Nocturne as well.

I used automotive paint, mixed at a auto paint store. When I built this one I still used spray can clear, the most part from Tamiya, but the best result come with the use of automotive two part clear as well.